Newbie need help movie thumbnails

Just got my hub set up everything seems to be working OK except I can’t get the thumbnails I want to show up on the menu I don’t know a lot about this thing but I tried some of the other suggestions (using movie title, folder .jpg and .png still can’t get them to show up  running firmware 2.02.19 do I need to upgrade? Any help would be appreciated

The folder.jpg files should appear without any action on your part. 

The MOVIE jpgs may require the media library to be re-compiled (just do RESTART in the SETUP / SYSTEM menu)

i tried that bit still nothing, i havent a chance to transfer my movies to the hub yet so im streaming them from my laptop does that make a diffrence? thanks for the reply

Are you connecting via NETWORK SHARE or MEDIA SERVER? If the latter, external thumbnails don’t work the same…

Through media server wasn’t able to connect through network share didn’t know the username and password is there a default username and password if not where do I find it

I’m brand new at this, but from what I know you should be able to select the file you want, select options, then “get content info” and the WD will automatically go to the web and give you choices based on the name of the file, select  one of the options and you’ll get the jpg and info on the movie or whatever you selected.

Most of my files are downloaded, so with mine I need to rename all the files with just the name of the movie and so far it’s working well.

justin2135 wrote:

Through media server wasn’t able to connect through network share didn’t know the username and password is there a default username and password if not where do I find it

The user & password on the HUB is the same as what your login user & password for your PC.  If you don’t have one for your PC, then you don’t have to do anything but login on the HUB, just leave what is in the user / password fields as they are.

got it figured out thanks for the help