New Release - WD TV Live Hub Firmware Version 3.12.13 (7/23/2013)

pjones1778 wrote:

Yes, that is pretty funny you “Esteemed Contributors” think that WD can keep up with the two biggest operating system companies in the world. You must still be laughing, cause i am. Mostly at the thought that you even tried comparing to Miscosoft and Apple :smileyvery-happy: indeed. WD is a great company for hardware only as they do provide great support, or replacements of their mecanical flaws.

You all, as well as I know that companies dont follow through. I know the probability of you all releasing the code is slim to none but it doesnt hurt to try and make something that is great even better. I plan on keeping mine until it dies, and I was just hopeing that someone in the community can do more improvements to what was shelved by the WD team, as we can see this is the best you can do. Just dissapointed as I am sure many are.

It was good while it lasted. This is my last WD media device. Too bad. I had high hopes.

Just so you know, WD would never release any proprietary code for general consumption.  Nobody would.