New Release - WD TV Live Hub Firmware Version 3.12.13 (7/23/2013)

They are not working for anyone

1 Like

Does anyone have the inside scoop on why they’re dragging their feet on fixing this?

I was going to submit a trouble ticket thinking that I was one of the few that is experiencing issues, but decided to check this thread again.  I see many are having many issues.  

Is a rollback not possible? Do they need more information?

1 Like

firmware was just updated to 3.12.13

and no videos of any type will play, just get a rotating arrow [icon] on the screen

when highlighting a video, video codec and audio codec do not populate

should not have updated, most are troblesome

a previous update had same problem with the audio codec no populating, video played no audio

1 Like

____wdtvlivehub wrote:

firmware was just updated to 3.12.13

and no videos of any type will play, just get a rotating arrow [icon] on the screen

Doubtful it has anything to do with the update…

I’ve updated, too, and all of my videos still play fine.

well

yesterday it was playing a video that it does not today after the update

in fact no video will play!

1 Like

“Why are you still here?”
Because I’d like WD to FIX this lousy piece of junk that I was stupid enough to buy from them.

That they haven’t even fixed Favourites yet is indicative of just how much disdain WD has for their customers. We get treated like a baby treats a diaper.

And yes… Support for animated gifs is on my list… a 200 dollar “media hub”?? Yer sweet skippy that’s a feature it should support…

That this is THE forum for WD Hub users/lovers and no-one has taken me up on my offer to sell/swap mine tells me that even the people who love the WD Hub don’t really even want it.

Well the rules of the forum do state something about offering up items for sale. I think it says it’s against the rules. So maybe that’s why there have been no offers. 

The rules of this forum are contrived to discourage honest and open communication about this product and its massive shortcomings.

One only has to look at the number of once active, contributing members who are auspicious in their absence now.

ClintonHammond wrote:
The rules of this forum are contrived to discourage honest and open communication about this product and its massive shortcomings.

One only has to look at the number of once active, contributing members who are auspicious in their absence now.

That’s not true, you joined on 24-04-2011 and you are still here moaning.

ClintonHammond wrote:
…members who are auspicious in their absence now.

Members who bode good things in their absence?

Their absence will bring tidings of success?

Fix Favourites

Fix file incompatibility

Fix YouTube

Fix forgetting sources for no reason

Fix the frigg’n clock

Fix theme support

Make the music player interface less 1982.

Then maybe just maybe I’ll care when you’re pedantic over poetic language… (maybe read a little and you’ll be able to follow. I said “auspicious in their absence” because I meant “auspicious in their absence”. That you are unable to follow doesn’t surprise me.)

That you have to make this products failings into personal attacks against me only serves to demonstrate just how legless this device and the 4 or 5 people here who defend it actually are.

IMHO, and that’s all this is it’s not a dig at you personally, you need to get rid of the Hub and move on.

I have an Asus TF700T tablet. I have no love for this device left in my heart. It is the biggest waste of money I have ever made. Soon the 1 year warranty is over. When it is I will root and unlock it a try some different ROMs on it in an attempt to make more usable other than as a browser for the internet. I can’t get on ANY forum and post messages with it as the device is that lame. It’s laggy and has a lot of inherent problems. If changing the ROM doesn’t help it become more useful for me then I will take it to my concrete driveway and record me smashing it to pieces with a hammer. Then I will place it in the box it came in with a DVD of the recording and a detailed letter to Asus as to why they received it in this condition. Most of this is just to make ME feel like the monkey is off my back. Then i’ll say goodbye and leave the Asus forum i’m on as i’ll have no need for it ever again and go buy a tablet that will, hopefully, work as one would expect.

Perhaps you should do something similar. Make a statement and make it count…

I have had my unit for 2 and a half years and it has lived up to my expectations. I don’t expect it to be a PC a browser a machine gun. I have done every update with no issues. However I keep it simple most all my media is iso I am using tinwarbes mojo theme. I have had great success in avchd home videos also. I think the most misuderstood thing about this product is everyone thinks it’s a PC.

I agree with others, to those who dispise this product so much move on. You like your HTPC with XBMC then go with it and be happy cause I certainly don’t care what product you use and I am sure most of us in here don’t.

“Yeah… you got hosed by Western Digital. Sell it and cut your losses.”

Great support community… no… really…

Too bad nothing ever gets fixed, but things get more more and more broken as this device “updates”.

This is going way off topic

Agree.  Way off topic, and way off into nowhere.  My apologies for not hanging around in this thread to disagree with Clinton, but I (we) have better things to do.  I hope Clinton does to.  Time to move on everyone.  It is OK to not be happy with a product, but to get obsessive and compulsive to go on and on about not being happy about it is a bit disfunctional.  Jeeze, get a different product and move on!!

I’m sorry guys.  This thread should not have been closed.  These threads are here for the purpose of getting information from users on how the firmware is working (or not working) with their devices.  We do escalate issues that arise.

However, the thread did get off track.  Please keep the thread on track with your experiences that arise from the current firmware.  We do pay attention even if we aren’t necessarily responding.

Bill_S

1 Like

ClintonHammond wrote:
“Why are you still here?”
Because I’d like WD to FIX this lousy piece of junk that I was stupid enough to buy from them.

That they haven’t even fixed Favourites yet is indicative of just how much disdain WD has for their customers. We get treated like a baby treats a diaper.

And yes… Support for animated gifs is on my list… a 200 dollar “media hub”?? Yer sweet skippy that’s a feature it should support…

That this is THE forum for WD Hub users/lovers and no-one has taken me up on my offer to sell/swap mine tells me that even the people who love the WD Hub don’t really even want it.

We have been trying to reach you via private messages in order to contact you and work with you to find a suitable resolution. Please reply to the private message that was sent to you with the requested information so we can contact you.

MKV wont play

AVI wont play. 

This is a piece of junk. I am furious. The movie starts and then it just blanks out and returns to the menu. So frustrating.

1 Like

Are you positive you are using quality files?  Did you create them, or did “someone else”?