New Release - WD TV Live Hub Firmware Version 3.12.13 (7/23/2013)

WD is happy to announce our latest firmware update for the WD TV Live Hub Media Player.

Feel free to post your questions or experiences in this thread.

1 Like

Install went fine. Plays good so far but still stress testing ;-) 

So, what does it do?

Did you read the release notes?

After downloading this Firmware update, my WD TV live Hub stopped working all together. The WD symbol keeps flashing, but nothing happens. No video or anything. I can’t even roll back the firmware as I have no access to anything. Anyone else have this issue, and how was it resolved?

Nothing broken, new services… works like a charme

Hewcar

Sorry to hear you had an update failure. Everytime there is an update, someone is in your position. I’m always apprehensive when I do an update.

My update was clean.

Hewcar wrote:

After downloading this Firmware update, my WD TV live Hub stopped working all together. The WD symbol keeps flashing, but nothing happens. No video or anything. I can’t even roll back the firmware as I have no access to anything. Anyone else have this issue, and how was it resolved?

Have you tried connecting via the composite output.

For everyone to know, we just posted a KB on the YouTube Leanback reboot issue.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10415

I just installed the latest firmware. General aspects work fine.

The only part which is now totally broken for me is the Favorites. When I access any of my Favorites, it says that the media is no longer available and disconnected. Then it proceeds to ask me for my media location. My media is there. It is just that the favorite goes to somewhere totally wrong.

Then I tried to redo my Favorite list. That had a bizarre list of side-effects like lossing my entire of list of hearts in my media display, and not updating. By not updating, I mean, either showing a heart or no heart. It could be a bit slow however at the end I just gave it more time. Enabling the favorite marker again for a particular folder would re-enable the hearts displayed. I eventually removed all my favorities.

I then restarted my device. I added a Favorite. When I tried to access the Favorite, the problem was still there. It just asked me to select my media location again. Favorites are now broken.

I guess now that I have no Favorites that was a mistake for me. I should have waited for the next firmware update.

1 Like

LarryLo wrote:

I just installed the latest firmware. General aspects work fine.

The only part which is now totally broken for me is the Favorites. When I access any of my Favorites, it says that the media is no longer available and disconnected. Then it proceeds to ask me for my media location. My media is there. It is just that the favorite goes to somewhere totally wrong.

Then I tried to redo my Favorite list. That had a bizarre list of side-effects like lossing my entire of list of hearts in my media display, and not updating. By not updating, I mean, either showing a heart or no heart. It could be a bit slow however at the end I just gave it more time. Enabling the favorite marker again for a particular folder would re-enable the hearts displayed. I eventually removed all my favorities.

I then restarted my device. I added a Favorite. When I tried to access the Favorite, the problem was still there. It just asked me to select my media location again. Favorites are now broken.

I guess now that I have no Favorites that was a mistake for me. I should have waited for the next firmware update.

Same problem

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Discussions/Can-anyone-confirm-bug-with-Favorites-FW-3-12-13/td-p/579880

Bill_S wrote:

For everyone to know, we just posted a KB on the YouTube Leanback reboot issue.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10415

WD Youtube app does not solve the problem, it is affected with same problem as Leanback

Thank you for finally fixing the video output reverting to HDMI or Composite.  But I cannot believe this took 20 months to resolve as this was a significant bug for those using component outputs   http://community.wd.com/t5/ideas/v1/ideapage/blog-id/Issues_LiveHub/article-id/627/page/1#comments

Well this did not fix the spinning circle issue!

It has been reported many times. The device hangs and won’t play video until you reboot it if it’s connected to a network with certain NAS (home server) models. In my case it’s ASUS NAS-M25. In other cases it’s a Seagate.

This may be related to UPnP or Gigabit Ethernet/JumboFrame. I think disabling all this might fix the problem. Adding an option to disable these features would be great.

and still no attempt to fix anything theme related that has been around since after 2.07… pathetic

No apple losless support yet?

Probably not ever.

Broken favorites
Youtube crashing
Horrible music interface

Still

ClintonHammond wrote:
Horrible music interface

?? could you please verify that?? has the interface been changed or is it still the same as usual??? (have not updated yet because of holidays) thanx…

ClintonHammond wrote:
Broken favorites
Youtube crashing
Horrible music interface

Still

But do you STILL use it?