New Hubs

Any new hubs (Or WD media players) coming soon? 

kturcotte wrote:

Any new hubs (Or WD media players) coming soon? 

You just never know…

Probably not, they took the WDTV Live Hub off the WD Entertainment listing

srwal wrote:

Probably not, they took the WDTV Live Hub off the WD Entertainment listing

Yeah, the OLD one is gone — that doesn’t mean there isn’t a new one coming…

Unless Western Digital has decided to get out of the media player business, of course there are new media boxes coming, that’s a give. When? Nobody knows except WD. Ive learned that there is really no point in asking these type of questions because the company in question never gives inside information about up-and-coming products and development until it’s released. Of course there are often rumours floating around on products but that’s all speculation until the proof is released. The last thing I heard is that WD could possibly be switching to a Google TV based platform, most likely there own custom UI running on top. But who knows… Same as release dates.

My guess is …I expect a new flagship media player in 2014.

PS, removing old discontinued products is common practice to make room for new.

im glad i got my hub when i did, it’s the best thing since the invention of the cd, infact i no longer use cd’s

the hub opened up a whole new world of media playback, thinking back  to vinyl records, eight track, cassette’s. cd’s etc

the hub is a milestone to me…well done WD many thanks

Now is really not a good time to be buying any of these outdated devices.
Doesn’t make much sense buying these outdated and underpowered players when most likely there is new hardware to be released soon enough. My advice would definitely be to wait as the new devices will be much better on performance with updated chipsets. There has been a lot of advances in media players since The hub was released 4 years ago. We should see some really good performing hardware on the new players.

I’m really looking forward to a WD Live Hub 2? Or whenever they decide to call it lol.

1 Like