New Firmware Release - Firmware Version 2.02.19 for WD TV Live Hub Media Center (12/1/10)

WD is happy to announce our latest firmware update for the WD TV Live Hub Media Center.   For information about the firmware update, please check out the  release notes.

1 Like

Updated, but still unable to see my NAS shares. :angry:

Any chance we will be able to type in the network path ever?

Same question here… i run an Unraid server and i can see the server by using the same workgroup. However the darn HUB  for the life of me will not see my shares video’s or nothing. I’m at my wits end,  It might be going back to  BestBuy

Honestly if I had kept the box, it would be going back. I didn’t want to invest the time to build an HTPC, but have spent as much time trying to get this thing to work that a new box and mythdora would have been less time, albeit more expensive.

I tell you, this is just ridiculous…funny thing i was able to stream for the built in HDD, activate Pandora and stream Youtube, stream from the HUB to my win 7 box, even my wife telling me she saw some HUB thing pop up on her vista pc asking to share:dizzy_face:

WD this is a joke… if can’t return it i will just fling it on fleabay  cut my loses and move to a better solution what a joke epic failure…

If it can see your SERVER but CANNOT see your files, then it’s most likely your server’s issue.

You need to be looking in the server logs to see what’s wrong.  

All versions of the Hub so far have seen all of my servers without issue.   I have TWO Windows 7 boxes, ONE XP Box, and TWO Linux-based NAS boxes.   They all work fine.   The Live Essentials 2011 bug is still in this version, but at least the HDMI bugs seem to have been addressed. 

Release 2.02.19 (12/1/10)

• Resolved HDMI negotiation issue found in previous firmware release.
  • Resolved issue with no sound after switching TV source from Component to HDMI.
  • Resolved issue with metadata tagging info only displaying N/A.
1 Like

Release 2.02.19 (12/1/10)

• Resolved HDMI negotiation issue found in previous firmware release.
  • Resolved issue with no sound after switching TV source from Component to HDMI.
  • Resolved issue with metadata tagging info only displaying N/A.

Resolved HDMI negotiation issue found in previous firmware release? - I personally do not think so, I updated the firmware last night when it was released and I am sorry to say that my problem which I had discussed here still exists :angry:

I will repeat  again for benefit of others, My TV is Samsung HPT4254 42-Inch Plasma HDTV. It still *does not* remember User configurable settings in my case I always set it to 1080i/60hz RGB HIGH, it tries to re-negotiate each time TV and WD TV Live Hub talks over HDMI Interface after initial power-up and standby and it always gets it wrong to RGB LOW or defaults to 720P/60Hz 8-bit RGB Low.

I do however see that with this firmware Version 2.02.19, the 12-bit color option (Which is not supported by my TV) now does not work, which is a good thing as it defaults to 8-bit after attempting to try 12-bit, when the TV says “Not Supported” it rolls back to 8-bit (This is a small step in the right direction) but still does not resolve my HDMI RGB High issue.

I can confirm that during initial HDMI handshake (Cold boot) it does pick up 1080i/60Hz RGB high color space most of the time, but as this WDTV Live HUB does not really shut itself down completely it goes into this “Standby” mode as it acts as a NAS server, each time the TV input is changed and or TV switched off and tries to re-negotiate HDMI capabilities it *ALWAYS* gets it wrong! - Most of the time it gets as 720p/60hZ RGB Low which then screws up my Black level adjustments on my Sammy TV, I have to manually set the Video Settings to 1080i/60Hz RGB High again and again… this is way too frustrating :angry:

WHY? WHY? try to re-negotiate every single time??? Just get the dam EDID during Initial Handshake and remember the User Setting whatever one wishes to run it at and write it somewhere on the NVRAM or Disk and never ever bother to re-negotiate HDMI PERIOD!!!

— Enough said on this — I am tired of repeating myself ----- I am disappointed !!!

TonyPh12345,

I have been following your advice on another thread and i am hoping with your help this will be sorted out, i just reply with the results from your last post.

That been said, I really think its something to do with the HUB reason been i had the LIVE+ for weeks streaming from the the same LINUX base server with no issues, all of a sudden the HUB  acting the fool.

One more thing after reading the manual and trying to make the thing work I realize the user/password screen really does not have anything to do with the server. This is just the HUB feature to stop users from streaming from whatever server.

So what i did was cancel/decline to setup user/password permissions and left it blank,  when i press the red button to search for content source from my server name "TOWER’’ (which the HUB sees as NETWORK SHARE) it complete the search, however when I go to sort the files or whatever, I get a message “This FOLDER does not have any content” or i think it says empty  or something along those lines.

After reading about all the issues, I’m afraid to upgrade to the latest firmware. Still on shipped firmware. :slight_smile:

I run FreeNas here and the WD hub with latest firmware.

No problems except for the super fast 12mb fake Gigabit speeds. (bah)

This update has rendered HDMI output unusable. I see the WD splash screen. My TV says that is in 720p. After that, the screen goes dark, with lots of flickering as it seems to be trying out different HDMI settings. The Hub’s light blinks for a bit too. I have a Sharp Aquos LC-C3242U.

Same here, after update the latest firmware. i see the WD splash screen. then the TV say 720p. after that, the screen goes blank. then the TV say 1080p. when the loading mochi initiated bootup. it automatically turn off. i use Sony Bravia KLV-52Z550A. now i cannot go to the screen menu at all. it just turn off at loading mochi at bootup…

Is there a way to roll back an update?

In another thread I read the subtitle and audio inforamtion popup could be disabled by setting autoplay on the video (in firmware 1.2.21) . I’ve gone straight from the shipped firmware to 2.02.19 and can report this annoyance is nolonger fixed.

I would also like an easier way to set  playback music when cycling through photos.

Thanks

Ok, I figured out how to downgrade to 2.02.16. I still have the same issue in which the HDMI output isn’t displaying anything. I’ve plugged in to the TV via component now. I see my downgrade worked. I am unable to get the Hub to switch to HDMI from component, it keeps saying the video resolution isn’t suppported. At one time I changed the HDMI Deep-Color mode to 12 bit. I’m unable to change that. So it seems that some where on the Hub is a configuration file. How can I edit/modify this?

Ah, I found the “Reset Device Configuration” option. I did that. I let it do it’s thing. It changed the 12-bit to 8-bit. I changed cables, unplugged the device, replugged and things are back to normal for now. I suspect doing a firmware update may work at this point, but I’ve played with this device enough for today.

No, there’s no config file you can edit.  It’s in NVRAM.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

If it can see your SERVER but CANNOT see your files, then it’s most likely your server’s issue.

You need to be looking in the server logs to see what’s wrong.  

All versions of the Hub so far have seen all of my servers without issue.   I have TWO Windows 7 boxes, ONE XP Box, and TWO Linux-based NAS boxes.   They all work fine.   The Live Essentials 2011 bug is still in this version, but at least the HDMI bugs seem to have been addressed. 

Same here. Mine is working great. I’m able to see my shares from a D-Link NAS Storage, my HTPC running XBMC and my Windows Clients. I 'm able to stream via UPnP to PS3, Win7 and obviously WD TV Live.

Verify network credentials/permissions.

Dennis

I have version xxx.19 with a Sony Bravia TV.  I just got this about 10 days ago.  I use it with Netflix, and it works fine except for the following rather severe problem.  When I pause it, I can’t restart it.  It hangs and the only way I can get the box going again is to power cycle it.  When I do that, the movie resumes in the right place probably because it is the Netflix server tracking it.  After a round with WD service, I reconnected the box (Live Hub) so that it went directly to my router rather than thru my switch.  This helped a bit as now I can pause it for a short time and resume, but not a long time.  If I wait too long, it freezes and I have to power cycle.  

Anyone else have this problem?   My guess is that there is some kind of timer looking at packets from the server which times out.  This I can sort of understand.  But putting the firmware into a state where it can only be power cycled is a bug.  Whenever something times out, the firmware should know enough to put it into some kind of recoverable state.

I would be happy to help someone at WD fix this.

How long are you pausing for?   I’ve paused mine for as much as about 5 or 10 minutes with no issues…