Netflix on the Hub not found

Hi,

I’ve had my Hub for a few years now, and loving it.

However, I have never had the ability to watch Netflix on it. It’s not even shown in the menus.

I believe I’ve heard something about the hardware to support Netflix is not in the European version of WD TV Live Hub.

But now, Netflix has officially announced that it will be coming to Denmark in the winter 2012, and that’s just great! But what about my Hub? That won’t be able to use Netflix as WD has deliberately removed hardware support for Netflix in the European version? That just **bleep**… I’ve always loved WD for their openess, but to have a “limited” Hub compared to others, and not being able to use it for Netflix now when it finally arrives in my country is just bad.

Will there be a fix or solution for this? If not, my Hub will be trashed and replaced with a proper box that isn’t ridiculously limited in my country. 

I don’t understand why people get upset like this…

You could say the same for your car/washing machine/microwave/TV…

A Samsung TV can do apps, but mine cant…I dont try and find a Toshiba forum to kick off…

I am sure the next Hub will be more open…WD are not stupid, why give an item an indefinite lfe…no one else does…

jafingi wrote:

Hi,

I’ve had my Hub for a few years now, and loving it.

However, I have never had the ability to watch Netflix on it. It’s not even shown in the menus.

I believe I’ve heard something about the hardware to support Netflix is not in the European version of WD TV Live Hub.

But now, Netflix has officially announced that it will be coming to Denmark in the winter 2012, and that’s just great! But what about my Hub? That won’t be able to use Netflix as WD has deliberately removed hardware support for Netflix in the European version? That just **bleep**… I’ve always loved WD for their openess, but to have a “limited” Hub compared to others, and not being able to use it for Netflix now when it finally arrives in my country is just bad.

Will there be a fix or solution for this? If not, my Hub will be trashed and replaced with a proper box that isn’t ridiculously limited in my country. 

Life is not fair, is it. However you can buy another WD box that may or may not allow Netflix in Denmark.

Don’t be mad at WD. At the time your hub was made the content providers (movie studios, TV networks, etc.) would not allow WD to have this functionality in devices sold outside the U.S. Now that licensing contracts are in place to allow some countries to have access to sites like Netflix, WD is offering new units with the necessary hardware. Your only option at this point is to buy one of these newer units. What you’re crying about is equal to being mad at a car maker because their latest vehicle has Bluetooth and Satellite radio access that your 3 year old car does not. Features get added all the time and in the world of electronics you have to expect that what you buy today may well be obsoleted in 6 months time. Sometimes less. It wasn’t WD’s fault that they could not sell you a player with Netflix access in your country until recently.