Netflix (lack of) Sound

Greetings. 

I’ve had this problem for quite awhile now and it is drivng me crazy.   I’ve updated firmware and it still happens, though I have not done the latest firmware update.

When streaming on netflix there is no sound.   If I click on my WD App on the android and press the microphone to do voice search, I can get the sound to come on.  Sometimes if I play > pause several times, the sound will also come on.

Any ideas?

Hello,

Have you tried resetting the media player using the reset button on the bottom of the unit?

I too have this issues with no audio from Netflix until after the WD Live Hub is restarted then it will play fine. Don’t remember when the first time this happen but it has been over 6 months ago. My WD Live Hub is on the latest firmware and is connected through a HDMI to the monitor/TV.

A friend is having the same problem with two WD TV Live devices. Update: He downgraded the firmware to very old version and this seems to fix his problem.

Update:
Found that if I play a video from the internal hard drive before going into Netflix this seems to temporally fix the issue with Netflix. The video is MPEG-4 Audio MPEG. Or if Netflix is started first and has no audio get out of Netflix play a video from the internal storage and this fix it. This is what works for me.

Thanks.   I have also found if I hit the mute button on the remote and hit it again the sound will usually come back

Thanks ByteMe.   Hmmm, That just doesn’t sound right.

I tried this and it is a faster way of getting the sound.