Need help please. Got a few questions

I just bought this bad boy and I live in thailand. I tried playign HD file and I am impressed. Quality is nothing shor tof amazing! Anyway a few questions please.

1. I’ve got an iMac. All my movie files are in there. Can I just stream the files from the iMac and watch it instead of having to copy it to the built in drive first? I have tried set up file sharing on Mac but doesn’t seem to work. Live hub just coudn’t see it.

2. My iMac can see the WDTV Live hub and I can transfer files from the mac to the built in drive wirelessly but it takes very very long. Is that normal? Is there any other way. I have also tried vis USB but it works via SYNC rather than actually choosing what files to copy. So whatever is in USB is copied over right away to the built in drive rather than letting me choose. Anyway got any tips?

3. I have tried with windows 7 and it works okay. I can stream files within the WD V Live hub from Windows 7 after mapping drive but it’s rather slow. Is that normal?

4. When i download file, can i download it directly to the live hub (connected wirelessy with wireless USB adapters)? Actually I have tried it and it works! But after a while it says connection lost. Could that be when live hub goes into screen saver. How to make sure connection is always active. Because if i can’t get it to stream files from Mac or if can but it’s too slow then i don’t mind downloading straight into hard drive.

Please help guys!

Thanks

Best Wishes

Swadeep

1.  “Very Long?”  What’s that mean?   Without knowing your actual throughput, I can’t tell you if it’s normal.   You can turn off SYNC if you want to.  You can manually copy specific files or folders if you want to.

2.  Again, what is “Very slow?”

3. It SHOULD always be active.   Sounds like network issues.