Naming folders in the hub

Hi all!

Is it possible to rename the folders in the hub menus or move folders to top of menus?  It seems I have to go through many clicks just to get to the folders I actually want to use.

Yes you can do that if your PC or laptop is connected with you Hub through a network…

Just get the ip of your Hub and post it in the address bar of any folder (folder not internet explorer). make sure to put // before the ip adress.

After that you will access your files and folders in the Hub directory and do whatever you like with them.

Note: I didn’t try this yet but I believe it will work.

Regards,

This will only take you to the live hub page which is the admin log in.  This gives you access to system settings, remote and twonky media access.

Thanks.

Any other ideas?

You can rename/move files and folders through your PC. To access the hub’s contents in the PC, you can map the hub as a network drive by clicking Map Network Drive in My Computer and selecting the hub’s root folder or in My Computer type \WDTVLiveHub in the address bar (assuming that you haven’t change the device name of your hub as WDTVLiveHub is the default). If you changed your hub’s device name, type \ and your hub’s device name (no space between \ and device name). 

I believe you mistakenly followed the suggestion of the previous poster but nevertheless there is something wrong in his suggestion. You should have typed the IP address in My Computer’s address bar not in the browser and you should type \ (backslash) not // (slash) that the previous poster suggested before the IP address. You can use the IP address instead of  the device name (e.g. \192.168.1.100).

oops!!

My bad…