My initial concerns

Sounds like the WD Stuff is not for you.

I doubt the 90% return rate however.  I’ve recommended the Live to a lot of people and it works like a charm.  It’s not a “Do-Everything” device but for $100, it’s hard to complain.

The Hub has a few issues but I’m not planning on returning it.  I have it next to a very expensive HTPC and since I’ve owned the Hub, I haven’t found a need to turn on the HTPC.

Regarding NetFlix for Canada - I agree that Netflix needs to fix a couple things.  They need to enable it for my Sony PS3 AND my Hub.  And that’s only if they want me to pay for content.  In the absence of a good model to pay for content, me, and my fellow Canadians are happy to take it for free.

As my friend says…   If they wanted us to pay for it they would sell it to us.

Interesting debate!!  But 90%… 

Look here…  In my opinion, the only player better is the Dune HD Max but at $450 that’s not really an option for me.  I love this player for the features and it’s functionality.  I also think that it should not be purchased by people who need internet services such as Netflix and Blockbuster to be the primary features. 

…as a proclaimed BD Pirate… I have over 450 BD/DVD 1080p/720p/480p movies stored on this thing spread over (2) 1.5 TB and (1) 1.5 TB drives and I have experienced a delay when the media library is compiled, but not on every single boot up like was mentioned earlier.  As a matter of fact the HUB has only had to do this a few times and only after a device reset or when new media is added.  

What other player plays fully encapsulated DVD files in  either .VOB or .ISO formats with the menus and everything…WOWZERS!!  What other player would allow me to download the metadata for 95% of my BD/DVD files  to give background stills, cover art and movie info/credits.  I can stream data directly from my PC to HUB/WD TV Live or between the two devices.

What can’t you do with this thing??..

“What other player plays fully encapsulated DVD files in  either .VOB or .ISO formats with the menus and everything…WOWZERS!!  What other player would allow me to download the metadata for 95% of my BD/DVD files  to give background stills, cover art and movie info/credits.  I can stream data directly from my PC to HUB/WD TV Live or between the two devices.”

This Live Hub sounds exactly what I need.  I don’t own any of WD TV other media players (mainly because I wanted a nice GUI and a player that has the ability to download movie info, cover art, etc).  Can someone provide some screenshots of the background stills, cover art and movie info/credits that the player provides?  Likewise, does anyone know where it is getting this metadata from (i.e. IMDB or TMDB or something else)?  Finally, for the metadata, does it also have the ability to download or link trailers for your movie library?

Anyway, this is exactly the type of portable media player that I have been waiting for and will most likely purchase it.

Thanks in advance for any who can provide or answer my questions.

TheMovieDB.org is where the metadata comes from.

Thanks for the reply.  I also had OG_CpTHOOK send me pics of what I wanted to see.  Got to admit that I’m pretty impressed and will most likely get this next month.

Thanks again!

can u please post the pics here ?  i am interested on seeing the covers.movie info .ect…PLEASE ! 

I had to resize and crop the original images that I received in order to meet the requirements of this forum.  Those 3 pics were the ones that I received  from OG_CpTHOOK.  It should give you a good idea.

Hi,

i cant see the images that u uploaded( i only see a small square with a triangle)  :( can u please send me a pm and give me the link ?

this is what i see

You can upload on  http://imgur.com/ and send links here.

The pictures will be shown shortly. They have to be approved by the moderator.

Funny that it shows up on my screen, but when I tried it on a different PC, I didn’t see the images either.  Therefore, until they approve the images on the forum, here are some direct links from the original images:

Ya… they will show up on yours without waiting for approval… it’s just everyone else that can’t see them until approved.

But, for next time, you can embed pics from other host services… you don’t have to upload to WD and wait for approval or just post a link.

After you click the picture button, click the 3rd tab “From Another Site”… enter the url of your hosted pic and click “Load Image”.  If the picture is the correct size (Lithium has a limit to width and/or filesize apparently) you will see it load and then you can click “Insert Image”:

Of course, if you don’t want them embedded, just ignore me. :wink:

Okay, thanks for the info!

RG, where do you live that it was 82 at noon?   :slight_smile:

It’s not where I live… it’s where Captain Hook lives.  I just used funtasticguy’s link for the first of the 3 hosted images he was sent. :wink:

TonyPh12345 wrote:

It was like 96 here last week…

thanks i already ordered mine !:smiley:

TonyPh12345 wrote:

What the heck are you talking about – it should be at least that warm where you are, right?  (It is where I am – well, today it’s slightly cooler but we should hit 85 tomorrow).

Hey guys, sorry i’ve been away for a week or so… 

Glad you liked the pics and thanks to FantaticGuy and RoofingGuy for going thru the trouble of posting them.  This player is the sh*t, i’m so glad that i bought it.  I now have all of my Video files organized and beutified with metadata as you guys can see.  It took me a while to tweek and make sure that all my Video files were named correctly but it’s definately worth it.