My initial concerns

Interesting debate!!  But 90%… 

Look here…  In my opinion, the only player better is the Dune HD Max but at $450 that’s not really an option for me.  I love this player for the features and it’s functionality.  I also think that it should not be purchased by people who need internet services such as Netflix and Blockbuster to be the primary features. 

…as a proclaimed BD Pirate… I have over 450 BD/DVD 1080p/720p/480p movies stored on this thing spread over (2) 1.5 TB and (1) 1.5 TB drives and I have experienced a delay when the media library is compiled, but not on every single boot up like was mentioned earlier.  As a matter of fact the HUB has only had to do this a few times and only after a device reset or when new media is added.  

What other player plays fully encapsulated DVD files in  either .VOB or .ISO formats with the menus and everything…WOWZERS!!  What other player would allow me to download the metadata for 95% of my BD/DVD files  to give background stills, cover art and movie info/credits.  I can stream data directly from my PC to HUB/WD TV Live or between the two devices.

What can’t you do with this thing??..