Media Library Question

I have about 100 Files on the Local Drive.  But I also have about 300 GB of photos, 300 GB of Music and 2TB of videos on a connected server.   Turing the Media Library service to ON gives me a never ending message about building the Media Library - I’m guessing it’s hitting my server.  I certainly understand this with over 100,000 photos and 30,000 mp3s to deal with.

Is there a way to build it ONLY for the Local Storage and to default to Folder Browsing for the Network?  And if not, can I suggest this as an option for those of us with too much media for the Hub to realistically deal with?

Anyone else with this issue?  

Thanks!

I don’t think there is a way to do it… I just got mine and haven’t had much chance to tinker with it, but I don’t remeber there being an option to specify…

VancouverPete:

No, there’s no way to limit which folders or devices get indexed; it’s all or nothing.

HOWEVER, once it’s indexed once, it shouldn’t interfere with browsing your libriary.   It may just take a few minutes for new stuff to show up, or for deletes to be noticed.

As to browsing by folder by default:  Yes, you can do this.  When browsing, hit the GREEN button, and select Filter > by Folder.   That setting is memorized.

I’ll forward on this feature request.