MKV errors on resume

This issue has occurred on every MKV file (about 3 or 4) that I tried to resume play.  It doesn’t appear to have an issue resuming MP4’s and AVI’s.

When I start a MKV video I have no issues.  It plays great and it looks great.  If I stop the video completely, maybe play something else, and attempt to resume, I get one of two messages: “Unable to play the selected file.  Please see the User Manual for a list of supported file formats.” or “a fatal system error detected. The device will restart…”.  I will typically receive the unsupported format message first and then the data system error message on the second try.

I power it off and on which doesn’t fix the issue.  I have to unplug the unit and plug it back in for this to be resolved.  Unfortunately, the last position information is gone and I have to jump to a guessed time.  A weird side note is that each case the subtitles are turned on for the video after the crash even though the global setting is off.

The videos don’t have much incommon other than MKV h264 with subtitles.  They are different sizes that range from 1.95GB to 4GB.

The hub has the latest firmware.  I don’t remember the version off the top of my head, but I did an upgrade when I bought it which was on 6/4/2011.  It also doesn’t state that it needs a new firmware update.

The hub has been reset and re-configure.  It has been talked to sternly and received whispers of sweet nothings.  None of which should be needed to play a format it is reported to support.

I searched the forum, but didn’t seem to find this issue described.  Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Hello,

If possible post the MKV mediainfo to investigate with the other users.