Losing Network Connection after a few minutes

I am using firmware 3.12.13 on my Live Hub.

In the last week it has suddenly started disconnecting from my network. I have multiple devices which stay connected, but the WDTV will suddenly disconnect, during use of Netflix, streaming tv through Playon and various other services.

It suddenly stops. If i go to network connections in settings, it shows that it is not connected. If do connection setup, automatic, it sometimes fails the first time, but always connects after a second attempt. The connection will remain for a random time, from 5 minutes to 20 minutes, and then disconnect, even when the unit is not streaming anything. (I know this because I left it idle overnight and it was disconnected the next morning). It does not correct automatically when powered off and on. 

I have used the monitor on my router to see that the other devices (Iphone, laptop etc) all stay connected. Could this be a failing network component? It has always been completely reliable until the last week or so, and I have made no changes to the network setup at either the router or WDTV end. I dont know when the firmware update actually installed so I cant say that it was or wasnt related to that.

Thanks

Rob

Think really hard about this question: Has anything been changed in the last week in relation to your network? New equipment, moved equipment,yadda yadda. Is this a wireless or wired setup? If wifi from Hub to router - have any new wireless, not network related, gizmos been brought into the environment? Like a new cordless phone or room monitor, etc.? My daughter comes to visit and brings a room monitor for the baby that totally wipes out my wireless network. I got her a new one to use here that is NOT in the 2.4ghz range of the router here.

If you have the Hub on a wire (cat5) you might try substituting the cable to make sure that’s not the issue and make sure it’s plugged in tight at both ends. If it passes through a switch to get to the router you can unplug it for a few seconds and that should reset it and check it’s cables too.

You can also try a FULL reset to the Hub, if you haven’t already. It won’t delete any of your files or data. It just makes you go through the setup again and since your firmware has been updated might just be the answer to your dilemma. You might also try giving the Hub a static IP. Sometimes this helps.