Live Hub Not Retrieving Content Info

Hi,

Up until a few months ago, when I uploaded a TV show to my Live Hub, it would automatically get the metadata (show title, episode name, etc.) This has stopped working. If I go to the menu for the file and select Get Content Info, it finds it fine. So, I believe I have the Meta-Source Manager configured correctly. I have Get Content Info set to Auto on the Setup | System menu. Isn’t the device supposed to automatically find the metadata? If so, can anyone hazard a guess as to why my device wouldn’t?

Thanks.

Rick

Firmware 3.12.13

Maybe, just a guess, because themoviedb.org changed the method of searching (the Application Programming Interface or API) and the hub hasn’t been updated to deal with the change?

If that is the case, it seems that others would have noticed this loss in functionality. So, did anyone else’s Live Hub stop automatically fetching meta-data a few months ago?

rickkaye wrote:

If that is the case, it seems that others would have noticed this loss in functionality. So, did anyone else’s Live Hub stop automatically fetching meta-data a few months ago?

Yeah have the same problem. I can’t see how they can stop releasing firmware’s when there are still outstanding issues. Of course there’s always probably going to be minor issues. But don’t stop when there’s major issues to be fixed.

I use Thumbgen to get all the info I need and create cover art and folder art and genre art for my hub. I don’t use the stupid media library because it’s so hosed up anyway. But I know that a few months ago the movie database made some changes and it affected thumbgen and quite a few other programs that do the same sorts of things. I’m pretty sure it has affected the Hub as well because I thought I had read something about here. So now I’ll go search for it and see what I can find.

Dang I hate getting old and having CRS syndrome.

EDIT: OK, I found it! HERE is the thread you should read. I’m sure you’ll get your OP answered there.

The last update to the Hub’s FW was V3.12.13 on or about 7/23/2013

Not sure about this, old man bad memory, I think it had something to do with the year being in the file name and if you edited out the year from your file names it would work. But like I say I’m not sure of this…

Problem seems to be fixed.

I usually leave my WD on all the time. Several times over the last couple of months, since this problem cropped up, I powered it down and restarted it to see if that helped. It never did. Last night, instead of powering down, I did a System Restart from the Settings menu. They sound like the same thing to me but apparently they are not. As soon as the system restarted it started finding metadata for all the videos already on it. This morning I uploaded a couple of new files and within a few seconds, the WD found the metadata.

Ok for future reference…

Remote control

Red power button

Short Press = Standby

Long Press more than 5 secs = POWER OFF (just like pulling the plug)

Same goes for the front panel switch.

Reset button inside a little hole on the bottom = full factory reset with no loss of data on your HDD.

From the Settings menu this is equal to Factory RESET

The option reset on the same menu is equal to full power off and power back on.

Glad you sorted things out. :slight_smile:

Thanks, flhthemi!