Is there any sound in the interactive menu?

Just bought the WD TV Live Hub, connected it to my Pioneer receiver, so far it’s been “ok good” there was some problem where a movie had sound the day before, then today tried to show the device to my wife and the same movie had no sound… could be something with my receiver there’s a millions options on that thing… i just updated the firmware now and it seems to be better…

BUT i’m wondering, is there supose to be any sound/music in the interactive menu ? I find it weird that it’s silent.

Thread moved to WD TV Live Hub Media Player: General Discussions.

What pioneer reciever are you using I have a pretty high end one and I have had no problems with it plus my older pioneer plays audio in our upstairs bedroom via  a WD player also. There are quite a few options on the reciever maybe I can help if you tell me what reciever it is and how old.

VSX-1019AH

so is there supposed to be music in the menu ?

Yes, when you scroll over video a cow moos, over music and a hideous fart sound, pictures gets you an elephant sound, and files you should hear a prostitute say “I’m ready for you baby.”

1 Like

ChiliPepper wrote:

Yes, when you scroll over video a cow moos, over music and a hideous fart sound, pictures gets you an elephant sound, and files you should hear a prostitute say “I’m ready for you baby.”

*LOL* You get a kudo for your sense of humor :smileyvery-happy:

ChiliPepper wrote:

Marvellous, but In other words No there is no sound in the menus.

Mind you from now on when I scroll those sounds will be in my mind.

Silent menues are a HUGE plus in my book!

do you still have a problem or was you just looking for sound in the menu?

Well it was just the sound in the menu, i wasent sure. I know that some movie files with AAC sound dont ussualy work, but that’s a small detail.

But i do have the Pioneer 1019, which is the best setting to listen to movies ?