Internal drive won't show files [Pictures]

Internal drive doesn’t show files anymore, works on usb , any way to fix it without deleting the files?

After watching a movie last night, today out of the blue the Live Hub stopped seeing any files on the internal 1TB hard disk.

I took it out and indeed , the partition with user data (9xx GB) was corrupted. After fiddling with testdisk and the partition table, some chkdsk, , and some luck, i managed to get it back, screenshots of current partitions: http://i.imgur.com/LDONA30.png http://i.imgur.com/rJZPgQt.png

Live Hub can’t see internal drive anymore tough, it doesn’t show the warning that there is no internal sata hdd connected, but it doesn’t show the drive on Disk manager,

nor any files.

But if i connect it with an usb enclosure, it works fine:

Is there any way to fix it?, hopefully without deleting the files? (lots of stuff not worth backing up, but still a annoying to loose them, don’t have any more space in the PC to hold them)

I had just about the same thing happen to a friend’s Hub. This is what I did:

Pulled drive from the Hub and put it on a USB adapter to the PC

Backed up ALL the files to another drive

Used Windows Disk Manager to delete ALL partitions on the drive

Removed from USB adapter and put it back in the Hub with NO partitions on it

Allow the Hub to partition and format it using the Hub’s Disk Manager

When completed put it back on the PC put your files back on it and put it back in the Hub

I think I also did a full reset on the Hub as well

1 Like

i agree with fththemi’s advice

and unfortunately, i’m pretty sure there is no way to resolve your problem without a complete format (inside the hub)

(if the internal, doesent show up, try the reset hole underneath)

which means you will lose your files.

it’s a shame you don’t any extra drives to backup your data too … can you borrow a friends / family / neighbour / co-workers HDD

and tell them you only need to borrow it for one night ?

1 Like

thanks for the guide, yeah it will probably come down to that, i did try the reset button but it didn’t change anything, i’ll try again before formating.

i’m currently testing  dvd rebuilder and handbrake to see if i can reduce some of the biggest videos (which  one day  i might have to do anyway , to reclaim space)

by the way, is there a recommended fw version? i just use it to play files, (no internet where it’s used) so i’m still on the original fw, no problems besides this one, which seems to happen to any fw anyway.

/P

webtax wrote:

by the way, is there a recommended fw version? i just use it to play files, (no internet where it’s used) so i’m still on the original fw, no problems besides this one, which seems to happen to any fw anyway.

/P

i think that’s a personnal decision / experience

Some say … “The latest firmware”   (which in this case is the last)

others will have there own personnal preference

me ? … i’m still on 2.07.17 and perfectly happy with it

1 Like