How to merge Shared folders?

Ichigo

Of course.

Here is why that does not work.

1. For some reason the Hub limits the amount of network shares you can put in the “My Media Library”. (11 seems to be the limit I found today)

2.If you count the Hub drive and two externals connected to it, you are stuck outside the Drive folder, so for having Bluray folders and TV folders it is of no use.

1. For some unkown reason WD does not give you the option of creating a thumbnail for the drive, so the Hub and external drives look terrible and always have, unless you use a Linksheet for the Thumb Icon.

I have got round the issues in a way, by connecting the two drives that were connected to the Hub, to my ASUS N56U router, this means I can share the folders.

But as usual it is the community and workarounds that make the Hub the asset it is to so many of us, no thanks to WD.

KAD79

Thanks

I tried some a  while back, Windows wise, and they were not that great. I have just managed by moving files areound and using the USB ports on my router to give me more shares, rather than the silly restriction WD seems to have put on the connected drives.

One of my issues was that I wanted to share mapped networked drives i.e the ones connected to the Hub back to itself for common folders, like Bluray 01, 02 …TV 01,02 and the likes.