Harmony Remote not working with Hub

I just purchased the Harmony 300 Remote. After using the myHarmony set up tool and assigning commands for each button, some of the buttons still do not work.

These are the ones that do work:

Harmony(WDAssignment)

Left/Right/Up/Down

Ok

Mute

A(Subtitle)

B(Audio)

Play/Pause/Stop

FF/RW

Skip/Replay

And these are the ones that don’t work:

Exit(Home)

Guide(Search)

Info(Options)

Menu(Setup)

Back

I’ve tried multiple times assigning these buttons and also using the Teach Command function but nothing has solved my problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I suggest you go to the Logitech / Harmony forums.

I use a Harmony One, and it works with all of my WD models.  

Hi.

The Harmony remote has two different perspectives that can be changed via their Harmony Remote software.  One is a DEVICE perspective which is specific to how the remote works when your using it as a DEVICE controller and the other perspective is specific to how the remote works as an ACTIVITY controller.  I learned the good old fashion way (frustration) that I was constantly updating the device config and then wondering whythe remote wasn’t acting as expected when I was using it to control an activity.

Choose " Customise Buttons" from the ACTIVITY MENU (clicking on the Activity button) and then very carefully go through and map your buttons and assign other properties (I have the 700 and the 880 so I don’t know what other properties the 300 offers).

Once you understand how the framework/logic they’ve used to make programmatic changes to the remote, it gets much easier.

Cheers.