Get Info for TV Shows via Hub

I have always used HubGen for all of my tv series. Today I decided to check out what exactly the cover art would look like getting metadata through the hub. I named season one files as ‘SeriesName - Season ## - Episode ##’. They are in their own Season 01 folder contained in Series folder. It 1st tries to get metadata from TMDB, and it seems the entire file name will not fit into the search field? I.E. ‘2 Broke Girls - Season 01 - Episode 01’ is only fitting ‘roke Girls - Season 01 - Episode 01’ into the search field. Am I missing something? I never have any problems with movies… If it’s a huge hassel I will stick with my current method, but I was hoping to have better looking artwork…

Not sure what is causing your issue, maybe the number 2.

But personally I would give up with the get info from the Hub.

For a start all the info comes from TVdb and there is no choice with the Hub, so it will never be better, in fact its worse. If you have say 2,3,4,5 series from the same show, it uses the same cover for each one.

Best bet is to use Thumbgen, then you can pick the covers you like and have series/season covers as well.

1 Like

Yeah, was kinda figuring I was wasting my time, was just wanting the crisper look vs the .jpg pics I have now…

It needs to be in the format of

Series Name.S01E03.avi

Then you can just change the series number and episode number

Series Name.S03E08.avi        for  example.

Hope this helps

1 Like

"It needs to be in the format of

Series Name.S01E03.avi

Then you can just change the series number and episode number

Series Name.S03E08.avi        for  example."

I searched everywhere through the other threads for the naming template, and all I found was the other template. I am going to give it another shot. I am more curious than anything really… Thx

Yep, I am definitely content with what I am doing now. That setup is just wrong, lol…