Frustrated

I had my Live Hub for 3 Years now lately Youtube has issue with certain channels -it reboots after I see them ,Euronews is awol  Facebook is totally useless because it shows only 6 newsfeeds including the ads and the vidoes are awol half the time . RSS is only 10 feeds and is picky on the content .

When is WD going to address these issues - if they expect for me to buy a newer unit its not going to be a WD product if this **bleep** keeps going on .Come on improve or there are other products .

Add Neflix issues to the Frustration…  (Using my 3.5 year old Sony Blu-Ray player to watch Netflix because WD has some issue with the video jerkying every five seconds).

I have been noticing that most the time the Youtude rebooting in occuring  after videos from news organiztions and some other . If were to rum Youtude on another type I once run video after video for 36 hours straight without the reboot than as soon as I played a video from a news scource  it rebooted -strange .

Same problem over 1 year all firmware up to date and on my 2nd unit.  Add  early drop of songs at end and drop at beginning.  Wil not update when files added to the NAS-I have to unplug and plug in the attached drive and wait about 1 hour for the files to show up.

WD please read your customers comments and fix these units.  You are lucky to have such loyal customers that are so patient.  We are not jumping ship to your competitors because we trust you will make this right.

Please keep us happy so that we can continue to buy your products for years to come.  It behoves you!

pleasefix wrote:

Add  early drop of songs at end and drop at beginning.  Wil not update when files added to the NAS-I have to unplug and plug in the attached drive and wait about 1 hour for the files to show up.

Sorry, but I’m not understanding.

What does "Add  early drop of songs at end and drop at beginning. " mean?

Are you saying that you have an external disk attached to your NAS?  And the NAS isn’t updating?  

yes.

Early drops-when you play a song, the unit cuts out at the beginning of the song for a few seconds then continues then ends about 10 seconds before the end of a song.

I have a network attached drive.  The WD unit will not show newly added files from the NAHDD unless I physically unpower my NAHDD and plug it back in.  Then I have to wait upwards of 1 hour for the WD unit to refresh and display the newly added files.  

pleasefix wrote:

Early drops-when you play a song, the unit cuts out at the beginning of the song for a few seconds then continues then ends about 10 seconds before the end of a song.

I haven’t come across this when playing MP3s at least…  What format are your music files?

pleasefix wrote:

I have a network attached drive.  The WD unit will not show newly added files from the NAHDD unless I physically unpower my NAHDD and plug it back in.  Then I have to wait upwards of 1 hour for the WD unit to refresh and display the newly added files.  

How are you connecting to the NAS from the Hub?  Via “Network Shares” or “Media Servers” option?

I connect my NAHDD via the media server option.  

My music format is MP4 and MP3.  Disconnects happen in both.

I appreciate you responding to my posts.  Do you work for WD?  Is there a way that I can contact them directly and actually give them feed back?  

I would be willing to explain these problems to them as well as give them suggestions on improving their product.  Free of charge.

No, only people with the WD mark next to their user name are WD employees.

If you’re using the Media Server option, then it’s the SERVER’S job to update the data, not the WD’s.   The WD can only display / play what the server tells it to display.  You can check your server’s manual for instructions to force it to update its catalog.

I would recommend you try connecting your external disk directly to the WD and see if it has the same issue with your audio files cutting in / out…  If not, you know it’s not the WD doing it…

As far as feedback / improvements are concerned, you can try contacting technical support.  However, it is doubtful any “improvements” will be made as this product is no longer being developed.