Folders

Hi I have a hub on the latest version of firmware.

I have all my movies on an exteral USB drive connected to the hub.

All of my files are in their own folders which are categorised into genres…

the structure is as follows 

Movies → Action → (Movie Name) Folder → Root files for movies

My action folder has 82 folders in it. The hub seems to see about 50 of them as folders and will let me download the meta data for them. The other 30 dont seem to be in folders according to the hub (if you look at structure via windows explorer over the network all the films have their own folders)

Any ideas of what could cause this? is there a limit to the number of folders?

Cheers

Mattpeds,

I don’t think it’s a number of folders issue,   I have a similar set up on a home server, and it has about 600 folders.  

the only difference is that yours is on the USB drive and mine is on a networked device.

a trouble shooting suggestion,  maybe move the first 50 folders that seem to work somewhere else on the device, and see if it picks up the next ones.  Perhaps it’s one file that is causing this error? 

just a thought,

hope it helps

d

Have you tried to get matadata for each file manually?

mattpeds I have a simiilar issue with DVD style directories. About half show up as folders when viewed by the HUB, and then there are a bunch that appear as files in the root directory. Pretty much driving me crazy and haven’t found any real answers.

I have other directories that have hundreds of ISO files (instead of DVD dirs) and they work great. They stay in their genre directories and run perfectly.

I keep coming back to the same answer which is to convert everything to ISO, but it would take a long time and has a few personal drawbacks for me.

Good luck please let us know if you figure out anything.

-P

I also have genre folders, and I used to have each movie in it’s own folder. However, I found you do not need the files to be in their own folder; you just need to have the metadata names matching the files. It’s a simple click for the movie vs click folder then movie…

I do however have folders in my genre folders for sets, series, etc with a folder .jpg, but all movie files are together.