Folder issues - help

Hi there,

I’ve had a massive headache with my WDTV live hub recently and it’s starting to really bug me.

Firstly i uploaded remotely (using teamviewer) some video files from my laptop to WDTV livehub which was network mapped. Fiance couldn’t see uploaded tv so pulled power cord out the back of the WDTV livehub and when it rebooted EVERYTHING was gone. (i have a 1TB pretty much filled - mostly daughters content which is all gone)

• I tried Recuva (drive recovery software) by taking the drive out and running it on my main pc but i’ve accepted this as the files are all gone and time to move on. Did not want to have to rename lots of files either.

Anyway… i’ve been left with a strange problem of when i try using the laptop (to add a folder) via mapped drive… nothing shows on the main WDTV screen. When i add a video to this folder it just shows in a main window. I.e if i add a media file to say folder “video1” and another media file to folder “video 2” - both media files just show in the main window together and not in seperate folders. the folders are no where to be seen on the tv.

I’m sure i also used to have a WDTV LIVE folder as the main folder where content would be but this is no longer there.

I’ve tried formatting the drive which has not helped. I’ve already started to add content back on to the WD TV hub drive as i’ve ran out of space on laptop.

* I’ve not tried the drive reset option but not sure if this would actually do anything except reset things like remote control options and video out options etc  Am i wrong in thinking that?   If i choose to reset to factory options will all my content be deleted to that i’ve already uploaded? or is that only on a format?

Has anyone had this before? or can suggest what to do?

Any help appreciated - we use the hub pretty much 90% of the time so we need this sorted.  I was trying to stream from laptop to hub but laptop kept overheating or turning itself off overnight which meant 5 minutes of setting up each time - too annoying.

Thanks

Oh and reason i want folders is - i have content i watch, fiance has content she watches, daughter has hers… and at the moment everything is just totally mixed together and is only going to get worse so we need some sort of structure so it is not a giant mess.

Just don’t understand why the folders which i make via mapped drive won’t show on the tv screen.

Please help.

Are you using the media library which is aggregating all of your videos? What happens if you view your media using the “files” tab instead of  the “Videos” tab?

-P

Hiya,

Yes using media library. When I go to files option I see the wdtvlive folder then inside that is all the media (including folders with correct content inside the folders) like how it should be.

Just isn’t showing currently under video option.

I didn’t realise files option would show that so thank you. I’ll at least be able to use it like this.

I can’t understand why it’s not working for the videos option though as it always used to. It’s just showing everything together now.

Any ideas? Not end of the world now but yeah would like to fix it if possible.

Have you tried clearing the media library?

Setup / System / Media Library / Clear Media Library

Clearing the media library didn’t help. However, turning the media library off has. All sorted… I think. Thank you :slight_smile: