Empty Windows share folders

flhthemi wrote:

Is there some way in Windows you can hide or make a seletion to NOT display files with a particular extension…like lets just say I don’t want to see any files that are .jpg, is there  a way to exclude them from being shown in explorer?

Maybe somehow this is what WMP did?? set them to be hidden?

Seems to me I remeber seeing the ability to do this at some point in my years of fooling with PCs…but my old senile mind just won’t let me remember :slight_smile:

Edit: Yup, you can…tho this may not be the answer to what’s going on here. It may provide some sort of insight…

=================================================

This will hide .nfo files using cmd.exe (MSDOS)

attrib +h *.nfo /s
The switch “/s” applies the command to all subfolders
just leave it out and only the folder you’re in is affected.

Here is the complete list of options:

ATTRIB [+R | -R] [+A | -A] [+S | -S] [+H | -H] [[drive:] [path] filename] [/S [/D]]

+ Sets an attribute.
- Clears an attribute.
R Read-only file attribute.
A Archive file attribute.
S System file attribute.
H Hidden file attribute.
/S Processes files in all directories in the specified path.
/D Process folders as well.

If you want the command only to be applied to certain subfolders…just move all subfolders that shouldn’t be touched to a different location (i.e the desktop), run the command and move them back.

==========================================================

This can also be done in Explorer by right clicking, properties, and selecting the Hidden tick box!

So now if you hid it, how do you see it to UNhide it? You use the Tools:Folder Options in Explorer to Show Hidden Files and Folders.

Next question: Can the network be instructed to hide files/folders from all or from certain IPs (other PCs)?

You may be on the right track for me with your final question.  In my case it isn’t only the VOB files that are invisible but the folder structure below the root directory of the drive.  The drive is visible to the HUB as are the many folders/files in the root directory.  The problem is that the HUB reports the root directory folders as empty when actually there are (in most cases) at least two more layers of folders before the VOBs for individual movies.  So. good luck with your quest.