Elements External Drive

I recently purchased a live hub & am having issues connecting an external USB elements drive (1Tb)  I connect it and can access the Element Drive after about 5 minutes but the live hub & Elements drive flash forever saying compiling media player.  I have left it over night and this is still flashing in the morning saying compiling media player.  Is not the idea just to connect an external drive & access it?  Do I have an option setup incorrectly?  Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks

Turno off media library,

clean media library,

from PC delete .wd_tv folders on both HDDs (external and element)

turn on the library

should take from 5 to 20 minutes depending on what type of files do you have on your HDDs

I have done what you recommended but with no success.  My Elements external drive is accessable from the live hub under the heading files.  But why does it say compiling files at the top of the screen & the live hub & elements drive keep flashing forever.  I am a little disapointed in the user guide.  I have some other issues which I will post later if I can’t resolve.

Thanks any advice is appreciated

Just a question, does your 1TB Elements Drive only contain Media ?

eg. Videos / Photos and Music

Do you have any non-media files on it ? eg. PC data, pc backup files. programs etc

I only have media files on the drive.  Music, Pics & 1 video.  Can you not have anything other than media on the drive?  I would like to know for in the future.

I left this drive compiling over night & it was ok this morning.  So I am not sure how long it ran for but it was over 2 hours for sure.  Is this normal?  If I make a change on that drive is it going to take hours again?

Thanks

no … it’s not “normal”  insert the 1TB Elements drive into your PC and run a Scandisk … and try again