Disable backdrop in video content WP Media Hub?

When i add video info it works great but i dont like the backdrop of photos it shows because it makes the text description of movie hard to read. I am sure i can maybe do this in the template but how?

Start by downloading the Legacy theme, and applying it.

It will add files to the Hub’s HD, in this path:

/.wd_tv/theme/Legacy

Edit the file called rv_gallery_browse_page.xml

Comment out the following line, as illustrated:

<?xml version=“1.0”?>

<page background=“./image/RV-BG.jpg”>

<image image=“image/keyboard_mask_bg.png” x=“0” y=“0” w=“1280” h=“720” bg=“1” disable=“@@disable-thumbnail-bg”/>

<!-- disable background>

<image image=“@@preview_rect_image” default_image=“@@default_preview_rect_image” x=“0” y=“0” w=“1280” h=“720” textcolor=“@@preview_rect_color” keycolor=“1” ignore_keycolor=“1” bg=“1”/>

<disable background–>

<image image=“image/Gallery/video_browse_gallery_overlay.png” x=“0” y=“0” w=“1280” h=“720” bg=“1”/>

That will then just show the default background image, which is fairly dark and shouldn’t interfere with reading the text.

Let me know how this works for you.

WORKED AWESOME!!! Thanks so much. I am really excited to see the future of this theme system.

I hope there will be some new themes coming soon.

Thanks so much

Please mark the post as SOLVED.   :slight_smile:

Glad I could help.

Ah, this works perfectly! I was wondering why it was so dark though but after some messing around I realized that the dark overlay is pretty dark and the stock background images is also kinda dark…so it almost disappears. If you use a lot lighter background image then it shows up better and the screen doesn’t end up looking just black.

The only thing is I kinda like the color transparant look of the tabs in the Mocha theme…and since you can’t edit the xml file for it like you can the Legacy one (at least I can’t find the Mocha files) seems the only way to stop the rotation of background images is to manually delete a bunch of code from the metadata files…ugh.

Also…why the heck does the clock show 00:00 instead of 12:00? I don’t have 24 hour time on either.

thanks tonyph12345 works great!

A person could, instead of loading a different theme, just create a simple 720 x 405  (16:9)  jpg image in just about any photo editing program then assign that as the hub’s background image via setup. The image could be all black, or perhaps all medium-grey, or whatever you liked. Or it could be like mine, a photo I like, but edited to be a very dark, low contrast pic that  doesn’t compete with or overpower the interface but gives the background a little texture.