DLNA server on WD Live TV Hub

G’day Folks,

I’ve got a WD Live TV Hub and I’m trying to connect it to my Panasonic TV via a wired network

On the WD Live TV Hub I have DLNA Media Server turned ON, but my DLNA compliant TV can’t see it (but it can see another Twonky DLNA service on my NAS).

If I connect a 2nd of my WD media players (WD TV Live) directly to the TV via HDMI and plug the LAN cable into this media player I can’t still see the WD Live TV Hub under 'Media Servers ', but I can see it under NetWork Shares. This makes me think there is a problem with the settings on the WD Live TV Hub? Do I have to do something else in addition to turning the DLNA Media Server on?

The WD Live TV Hub has the last firmware (3.12.13)

Sorry if its a noob question but I’m not up on this DLNA stuff and look forward to hearing from anyone if they know what’s going on

Cheers

Use your PC,

go to Network and see if there is an WDTVLiveHub with TwonkySerever icon listed under the MediaDevices list.

If there is, right click on it View Devics Web Page.

You can see if it is shareing anything. Also you can set what would you like to be shared.

Shouldn’t the EXISTING Twonky server on the NAS be able to get the movies from the Hub…no sense in having two Twonky versions running. I’ll bet the NAS Twonky is a newer version too…

1 Like

Thanks very much for your replies.

On my PC I can see the WD TV Live Hub. Within this folder there is a 'TwonkyMediaServer-log" file which just seems to be a text file. Is this what I’m looking for?

flhthemi wrote:

Shouldn’t the EXISTING Twonky server on the NAS be able to get the movies from the Hub…no sense in having two Twonky versions running. I’ll bet the NAS Twonky is a newer version too…

I didn’t know this was an option! But it sounds like a good one. I went to the Twonky Server config page on the NAS, but not sure how to point it to the WD Live TV Hub? I’m guessing that it’s under Basic Setup\Sharing but not sure how to enter the network address of the WD in the ‘Content Locations’. I tried \WDTVLIVEHUB (which is the network name on the PC), but that doesn’t seem to work. Am I just not entering the location correctly, or am I barkign up the wrong tree??

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks for the pic. I can now see that I only have the Tonky Server for my NAS, but not my WD Live Hub. My Live Hub is only listed under “Computer’’ and not under “Media Devices””?

My Panasonic Smart TV see’s my WDTV Live Hub (via DLNA and the Panasonic’s “Media Server”)  without any probs ?

It’s “Wired” … maybe try running the Panasonic TV Network Setup again ?

My WDTV Live Hub settings are… (press the "Setup Button on your Remote Control)

Setup > Network Settings > Device Name > WDTVLiveHub

Setup > Network Settings > iTunes Server > Off

Setup > Network Settings > DLNA Media Server > On

Setup > Network Settings > Network Share Server > On

Setup > Network Settings > Workgroup > WORKGROUP

Setup > Network Settings > Proxy > Off

You don´t even see WD Hub icon under the Media Devices?

JoeySmyth wrote:

My Panasonic Smart TV see’s my WDTV Live Hub (via DLNA and the Panasonic’s “Media Server”)  without any probs ?

It’s “Wired” … maybe try running the Panasonic TV Network Setup again ?

My WDTV Live Hub settings are… (press the "Setup Button on your Remote Control)

Setup > Network Settings > Device Name > WDTVLiveHub

Setup > Network Settings > iTunes Server > Off

Setup > Network Settings > DLNA Media Server > On

Setup > Network Settings > Network Share Server > On

Setup > Network Settings > Workgroup > WORKGROUP

Setup > Network Settings > Proxy > Off

Maybe my Smart TV isn’t so smart! But I don’t think its the TV as as I can’t see the Live Hub even on another media player. Thanks for the settings, I’ve checked all of those and they’re all the same. What about the’Enable Access to Linux Share Servers"

Actually on one PC on my network its not listed at all as Media Device, but on another PC it’s listed  as 'WDTVLiveHub - currently in use", but not “TwonkeyMedia[NAS]” as my NAS drive is listed?

Double click on “currently in use” icon. It will take you to WD Hub web page, password is admin. Under the Media, check if Twonky is enabled.

Have you checked Twonky Server is Enabled in the WEB UI ?

On the WDTV Live Hub press … Setup > About > Network Info > 192.168.XX.XX

copy and paste the IP number into your PC web browser  (password/login = admin) and check Twonky is “Enabled”

(use Firefox or Chrome Browser)

Thanks again. I followed those steps and found that Twonky was already enabled? Cheers

How about pointing the Twonky on the NAS to the WD. Can you advise how to do that? Thanks

Did you tried to Lunch Twonky (button is under enable) from hub web UI

Yes, I forgot to mention that I tried clicking ‘Launch Twonky’ and received an “Unable to Connect - Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.11:9000.”

Reset your device - factory reset.

Will do, as soon as Game of Thrones has finsihsed :laughing:

:wink:

Well I’m definately making progress! The reset worked in that I can now see the Twonkey WDLiveTVHub in media devices and connect to the Twonky via the GUI, but I still can’t see it on either the TV (directly on the Smart TV via its inbuilt media server), or on the TV via the other WD media player?