Change or upgrade the built in hard drive

Hi guys

what if I want to change or upgrade the built in hard drive in my hub!

What is the compatible WD HDD model? And is it possible to upgrade it to 2TB or more?

Thanks

No, it’s not possible.   It must be a WD drive, and 1TB is still the largest on the market.

So, nothing really to upgrade…

The internal drive is a WD Scorpio Blue and you can replace it.

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=140

1 Like

Is there a way to put this WD Harddrive inside?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136764

No… that is a 3.5" desktop drive, not a 2.5" notebook drive.

This is a 3.5" drive for a start… ?

The one thats in there is 2.5"…

I think the answer is no.

Thanks guys for your replies and advises.

So once Scorpio have a 2TB we may upgrade it :slight_smile:

If you do start the upgrade process, you should YouTube it and let us know :smiley:

tbh you are better buying a 2 Tb and plugging it into it, or streaming from it.

The time it would take to fill a 2Tb through the bottle neck of the box, you would lose the will to live. :smiley:

Couldn’t you just use cables to upgrade it to a 3.5" 2TB (or 3TB) and have the new drive sitting on top of it?

I think thats why they have 2 USB ports in the first place :wink:

Yeah, but if you have large high-def files, it’ll be much quicker to access them via SATA.  I have a WD TV Live Plus that I really love.  Unfortunately, I still have to have a NAS running.  I’d love to buy the Hub, use it as my living room player AND my NAS.  I’d really need a minimum of 2TB to do that, although I’m almost full and probably need a 3TB at this point.

Yes and No.

Transferring files to the internal hub is a total mare, ok if you have 250mb avis, but move a 30Gb .m2ts file and its a waste of your life.

I streamed a full Bluray from my PC USB hard drive last night…

£2.00 Cat5e cable

ISP Router

No problems at all, the Hub is brilliant for streaming, Ive got wallpapers on my internal hard drive, because its that much a waste of time transferring to it.

Wallpapers/Music/Photos is all I have on my internal plus the themes. I use external HDD’s for movies as it is easier to deal with. Plus I hope to see a WD Hub Player to utilize the USB3 speed specs that would be nice. I know it’ll use the drives but I doubt the speeds.

Good topic , good info