Can't play through USB

I used to be able to plug a memorystick into the front USB port, it would ask if I wanted to sync files, I’s say NO, I’d let it complie the library, I’d select VIDEOS and have a choice to play off the HD or off the USB stick.  

Now I get the option to sync which I don’t do, then go to VIDEOS and there’s no USB choice, if I go to FILES I can see the USB stick, the files that are on it but when I try to play them I get nothing,  just the spinning arrow and the memory stick light is not flashing, what’s going on?

I’ve tried ‘restarting’ , same thing, it has the latest firmware.

Far as I know I’ve not changed any of the settings, just started doing this a while ago and I’ve been using the Blue Ray player to play off the USB. Any advice?

important: always  eject  the memorystick (if you don’t do already)

in VIDEOS: are you able to select usb-source by pressing the red [A] button on your remote?

1 Like

hmmf … i never used “USB Sync” which is why i disable it     (dunno if that’s the prob)

Setup   >   Operation   >   Sync From USB Storage   >   Off

Was going to ask were is there an “eject USB” option is but found it beside the 0 on the remote, I hadn’t used that up til now.

(On mine the RED button is the B button.)

First time I tried what you suggested I got nothing pushing the red button at the VIDEOS selection, so I hit OK then I hit the red button and I could see the USB stick. I could see the files but could not play them, just got the spinning arrow.

So I tried playing something off the HD, same thing, wouldn’t play.

I "re-started’ it and now things seem to be back to normal.

So I guess the red button brought back the USB option, thanks Bessa!  ;)

BTW, sometimes when I change the TV input to the WD HDMI I need to unplug the HDMI then put it back in for it to show onscreen, any idea what’s up with that?

Thanks

Fisherguy wrote:

(On mine the RED button is the B button.)

oh, yes. sorry. tried to “remember” the remote config as i use a universal one… and the wd devices are the only ones in the world (asfaik) which have green/red/yellow/blue layout instead red/green/yellow/blue. sorry for the confusion.:smiley:

i don’t guess the red button brought back the USB option, i guess the re-start did. do not forget to eject your drives properly.

no idea for your hdmi problem:cry: in another thread you mentioned your receiver has no hdmi-in’s, so your hub is connected to the tv directly? do you have more devices connected that way? maybe it’s “hidden” in the tv’s setup?

1 Like