Audio issue - this thing is going back to the shops!

Hey all,

OK, i have finally transferred over 600gb+ of stuff which took nealy 20 hours!  I have updated the firmware, let it compile the library etc etc etc - so after having the box almost 48hrs, i finally plugged it into my TV and surround sound kit - only to find great picture, but either only stereo sound or no sound at all.

I have a Panasonic SA HT880 (specs SURROUND SOUND DOLBY DIGITAL * DTS * DOLBY PRO LOGIC II)

I have hooked up:

Live Hub HDMI to my HDMI TV.

Live Hub red and white audio cable to the red and white AUX input on the surround sound kit

Turned the Live Hub Audio option to Digital output via Optical only and ticked all the options.

Is my surround sound kit out of date and cannot play the audio?  Have i set the settings incorrectly?  What audio settings should i be using?!

Thanks all.

Well you have typed the error yourself…

Live Hub red and white audio cable to the red and white AUX input on the surround sound kit

Turned the Live Hub Audio option to Digital output via Optical only and ticked all the options.

You’ve hooked it up wrong. I strongly suggest you read the manual. You’ve hooked up ANALOG outputs and then selected DIGITAL output.

so i select “Stereo”? in the audio options.

This means i cannot get 5.1 from the Live Hub?

Correct. You have to use one of the digital outputs to get 5.1.