Alternatives to Live Hub?

I waited years for someone to develop something like the Live Hub.  It’s the only device that truly plays every possible format I need.  The built in TB HDD was a cherry on top.  At the time I was looking for a TV equivalent of VLC media player and this nailed it.  It would’ve been just fine without the HDD and all the other built in bells and whistles as I simply use it to stream media from my NAS, but having the capacity to store media to take with me on vacation is fantastic.  I did alot of research over the years and bought many similar devices and there’s simply nothing like it still to this date.  I’m a huge WD fan so thanks for this fantastic product.

My only gripe is that I’ve had it for several years now with no real issues except the spinning arrow of death started occuring recently at odd times.  Weird thing is that I installed the last firmware update way back in October 2013 and oddly the spinning arrow of death just began occuring a few weeks ago.  After several days messing with it and downgrading the firmware it started working again.  WD tech support said “The device is becoming defective” :confounded:  I hate when tech support reps make those comments because they’re not sure what the problem is and it’s easier to make the consumer think they need to go out and buy another one.  I own several of these and I will not replace them until they’re truly unusable.