A guide: converting Blu-Ray to MKV

I’ve tried many of the “free” offerings and even some of the paid ones. I’ve not had the spam or quality issues with ByteCopy or PavTube and I’ve had maybe 2 discs it couldn’t copy in the 8 months I’ve been using it (converting about 5 discs a week on average). I guess if I wanted to invest the time and energy in using your method I might see some marginally better results, but I’d rather invest my time into watching movies, not converting them. I use digital HDMI pass through on the Hub and let my Onkyo receiver do all the audio encoding. My rips play flawlessly on my 7.1 system this way and I’m happy. As for the storage space, yes, 1:1 BD rips take up a lot of space, but with the Hub’s 1gb and another 3gb on a Hitachi USB drive, I’ve yet to run out of space. I rarely save a movie after viewing it and if I do I often copy them to a BD disc with my burner. I’m sure your “system” works well, but for people like me who think time is money, software like PavTube’s ByteCopy is a time and money saver.