The iplayer firmware for the wd tv live

Hi im new here and a bit lost so hopefully someone can help me…

I saw recently in the press that the wd tv live has got iplayer added so i went out and bought 3 of them for the house.

however ive done the online firmware upgrade and it says its at the latest version now but there is no iplayer…

is there a difference between the wd tv live and the wd tv live streaming ?

have i been sold 3 obsolete duds? shouls i take these back and ask for the wd tv live streaming?

or is the iplayer firmware coming to the wd tv live as well…

Thanks…

Rob

The answer to your question is Yes, there is a difference between the Live and Live Streaming which has iPlayer (if you are in the UK).

There is a picture of the live streaming here:

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=330

You should take them back, its very unlikely that the iPlayer will be added to the old Live.

thanks for the info. looks like ive bought £300 worth of lemons.

ah well…

I dont think they will take them back as they are unboxed and used.

Please tell me you didnt pay £100 each for used obselete boxes. The new improved ones are only £79.99 brand new from dabs.com delivered!

89 quid from comet at christmas…

anyway ive since bought one of the new ones and it seems to work fine.

however i seem to have a problem with iplayer, when its plugged in to my 50" tv.

IVe only got a 2mb internet connection. On a laptop, and PC, iplayer works fine through the webpage. If i plug the new WD into a 20" tv, iplayer works fine, but if i plug it into a 50" tv, it buffers badly and only plays a couple of seconds at a time.

Does the iplayer app somehow detect the resolution of the TV and try to stream a higher quality picture? Is there a way of turning this off? Its kind of annoying having to switch TVs every time i want to watch iplayer.