No update firmware icon

I just recently picked up a WD TV Live Plus off of eBay and it is currently running firmware 1.03.49_B serial number WNV202008772. I am trying to update my firmware using a USB drive but I can’t get an update firmware icon to pop up. I’ve tried doing it in both the FAT and FAT32 formats and neither one works for me. I can’t just automatically update over the internet because my USB adapter doesn’t work with the firmware that is currently installed.

Anyone have any solution to this problem? I’ve searched all over the internet. Please help!

Use another usb drive or usb stick. (If you don’t have another drive, look if you can misuse your mobile phone, mp3 player, camera or some other storage device with usb connector)

By the way:

Have you downloaded the correct firmware (= not the firmware for the WD TV Live without plus or any older version!)?

Have you extracted the archive file to your root directory?

Are you sure you’re downloading and using the right firmware?  It should be here:

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?wdc_lang=en&fid=wdsfWDTV_Live_Plus

I think you just solved my problem. Looks like I downloaded the firmware for HD Live. Downloading Live Plus now.

Thanks a lot!:stuck_out_tongue: