New WD TV Live - whats the best firmware version?

barrygreybeard wrote:

thanks Scandy and of course youre right. I spent the last few hours trawling through the various posts trying to figure out whats been fixed, whats been broken by each release and also what unresolved issues varuos people had/have, in the end got a little punch drunk my head was spinning! :)  But yes, experimentation is the only way forward… ho hum… well I have the weekend I suppose!

Barry

As an example, I have two WDTV Live+'s for about a year hooked up to two completely different setups and have never had a need to roll-back to a prior version due to a new problem that a FW caused.  Not to say that other’s complaints aren’t valid, but I have not had many of the issues that others tend to post after a new release.  Then again, I mainly use the WD to stream MKV’s (that I make from my DVD/BD’s) directly from my NAS.  Therefore, I would say that the latest version is the best - for me; but that might not be the case for you depending on the features you use and your equipment as scandy pointed out.