Missing the back option from the option to restart or resume movie

you has the option of cancelling the movie from playing by pressing the back button, when the options shown was to restart or resume. i sure do miss that feature!

1 Like

Which model of WD TV are you using?

And what firmware?

both the wdtv live and the live plus with the every beta software, i’m not sure if the official live plus had that problem or not?

The Live+ forgets resume data if it’s powered down.  As long as power is maintained, it will remember resume data.

i would just like the option to return if i picked this by mistake and then go back and watch it later.

but by not having that option i must still play that video.

1 Like

just wondering if there were any updates to bring the resume feature back?

The resume feature never left.   What CHANGED is that, on specific versions of HARDWARE, the resume data is discarded when the device is shut down.

Hey, you are all misunderstanding the OP’s problem (which annoyes me a bit too, but I can live with it) …

The problem is, that when you press Enter (or Play) at a movie, which has been played before, you are presented with a screen that lets you choose between starting from the beginning (and a Cancel button) or resuming from where it left of (and a OK button).

If you at this point realizes, that it was the wrong movie, you cannot back out – that’s the OP’s problem. You’ll have to select either choice (and start or restart the movie) before you can back out.

Cocovanna