Minor bug: Home button in Netflix = "undefined" dialog box

If you press the Home button while in Netflix, you are presented with a dialog box labeled “undefined” with Yes & No buttons. I’m assuming this dialog box should say “Do you want to exit Netflix?” or something like that.

1 Like

Yup, same thing here.

For me, it gets in the way of my remote’s macro to turn everything off in my home theater. 

Unless I back all the way out to the ‘Internet Content’ menu first, the unit will not shut off when my remote sends the ‘Power’ command because it hangs on that yes/no dialog box.  (It likely will even when they fix the text.)

You’re absolutely right, Athlon. Same thing here with my Harmony remote. This is gonna be an issue with any remote that uses a Power Off macro.

The new Netflix 3.0 app asks if you really want to exit Netflix before you can power down. Dumb…

This is a much bigger issue than the dialog box title mentioned in my original post . Hopefully WD will fix this.

In the meantime, I’m gonna see if I can tweak my Harmony’s Power Off macro to include an “Enter” button press after the Power Off command.

Good idea with the enter command.

I’m using an MX-500, so it will be easy to program.

Instead of fixing the text in that dialog box, they should just eliminate the dialog box completely.   My fear is that if it is part of the Netflix 3.0+ API, WD may not have control over it anyway…

You’re right… It’s in the API.

Best bet is to make sure you exit NetFlix before you shut down.

BTW, if you hadn’t noticed, the same thing happens in DVD mode…  

The power command just exits the DVD.  It doesn’t shut off the box…

Well, I guess that settles that, Tony.

Thanks…

Adding the Enter command to my Harmony’s Power Off macro did the trick for me - works perfectly. Of course, as Tony said, you could just make sure to exit Netflix first, but this way I don’t have to worry about remembering to do that.

I’m sure this function is part of the Netflix API, as Tony said. But unless it’s a mandatory function, WD should be able to either eliminate it or code around it.

The “undefined” bug now appears to be fixed. Not sure how it could’ve been fixed without a firmware update, though. Weird… Maybe WD got NetFlix to change something on the server end?

An any case, it’s fixed. :smiley:

The “Do you want to exit NetFlix” dialog is just an annoyance anyway.  Worse yet, if you use a universal remote to power off your whole system, it will actually prevent the WD TV Live from turning off. Luckily, if you have a Logitech Harmony, you can get around this by adding an “Enter” command to your power down sequence (see my previous post).

None of the other Internet Media apps present you with a “Do you want to exit…” dialog when you press Home or Power; so why have this just for NetFlix? It’s unnecessary, IMHO.

johnnyzero wrote:

The “undefined” bug now appears to be fixed. Not sure how it could’ve been fixed without a firmware update, though. Weird… Maybe WD got NetFlix to change something on the server end?

That was a bug in NetFlix’s interface… there never was anything WD could do… it was always up to NetFlix to fix it.

None of the other Internet Media apps present you with a “Do you want to exit…” dialog when you press Home or Power; so why have this just for NetFlix? It’s unnecessary, IMHO.

That’s the way NetFlix designed their interface… nothing WD can do.

johnnyzero wrote:

The new Netflix interface is web-based. This means that Netflix can change the interface and fix problems without a firmware change from WD. Most of the time that is a good thing, but it also does mean that WD can’t do anything about the changes that Netflix makes.