Wish List For Future Firmware Releases

Karaoke support. 

The ability to play MP3+G files would be great. 

As far as I know, no other device other than a laptop can do this.

Faster detection and selection of auto framerate.

Although thisnew feature is good, at present the auto process takes around 6 seconds, so the clip starts 6 seconds in.  Which might not matter if you’re playing movies (when you may as well have it set permanently to 24fps anyway), but if you’re playing 30 second TV commercials and music clips with differing frame rates, it is effectively  not usable.

PS Thanks for a great product WD.

Time Skip Option, to feed particular time or duration in the option and the movie will be played from the particular time. This option is must in future firmware upgrade.

2 Likes

silvereyes wrote:

Karaoke support. 

The ability to play MP3+G files would be great. 

As far as I know, no other device other than a laptop can do this.

This would be great for parties. Only a dedicated machine or specially equipped dvd player can do it now. Support for these files would be excellent!

I wish that the reproduction should be added of .mpg and the social network Twitter

Add ability to start playing the movie from the last scene  without user interaction when the player powers on,  exactly same as quality car audio-video DVD players do.

Hello,

1. Please update the TuneIn application with the same stations that they have on TuneIn for Android OS (i have noticed that this is the most updated one).

On the WD TV Live application are missing lots of stations (especially for Romania: Rock FM, Radio Guerilla, Magic FM, Kiss FM, Radio Romantic, Europa FM, Radio ZU, Radio 21).

1. Please add (if possible) on the next upgrades vplay.ro for video streaming.

WD rules! :smiley:

1 Like

macisback wrote:

Time Skip Option, to feed particular time or duration in the option and the movie will be played from the particular time. This option is must in future firmware upgrade.

Why is there no way to navigate quickly to any point within a video file?  I can’t believe we’re getting firmware updates with obscure social networking hooks while the issue of simple video file navigation is so primitive.

If I’m viewing an hour-long program, and the WDTV hiccups (which it does frequently if pausing or reversing, especially towards the end of a file) my only option to return to that point of the video is to “Resume,” which works correctly at best 1 out of 3 times.  If it fails (progress timer shows “00:00”), you’re dead.  Then, I have to try FF for 10 minutes or so to return to where I was.  Usually, when I hit play then, the file dumps out again!

A player which has the primary function of playing video needs to have a much more robust feature set to navigate playback!!!  I would LOVE slo-mo, frame skip, etc., but I’ll settle for a progress skip to time (don’t even need a slider bar) and a “resume” feature that is reliable.

wevowva wrote:

If I’m viewing an hour-long program, and the WDTV hiccups (which it does frequently if pausing or reversing, especially towards the end of a file) my only option to return to that point of the video is to “Resume,” which works correctly at best 1 out of 3 times.  If it fails (progress timer shows “00:00”), you’re dead.  Then, I have to try FF for 10 minutes or so to return to where I was.  Usually, when I hit play then, the file dumps out again!

If that is what you are experiencing then the chances are-

1. Your network or server does not have the bandwidth to serve the file.

2. The file itself is defective. (And just because it plays with media player XYZ on your PC is irrelevant)

parnott100 wrote:

If that is what you are experiencing then the chances are-

1. Your network or server does not have the bandwidth to serve the file.
  1. The file itself is defective. (And just because it plays with media player XYZ on your PC is irrelevant)

Nope.  I have gigabit router (although WDTV doesn’t make use of it, it’s very quick).  Happens on all/different types of files, so defective file is not an issue here.  Also happens from a WD hard drive direct connected via USB.  I know playing through network is not ideal, but WDTV is not robust enough to deal with the rigors of streaming without dropping the ball.We Still need position seek for video playback.

wevowva wrote:

Nope.  I have gigabit router (although WDTV doesn’t make use of it, it’s very quick).  Happens on all/different types of files, so defective file is not an issue here.  Also happens from a WD hard drive direct connected via USB.  I know playing through network is not ideal, but WDTV is not robust enough to deal with the rigors of streaming without dropping the ball.We Still need position seek for video playback.

Ah well, if it is happening on files on a USB drive then may be it is a bit rate problem. Use MediaInfo on the file and post the results. http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en/Download

This has been an issue of rev.1 of the first generation players and I was hoping it would have been fixed in the live hub, considering it is a completely new design …

Why is the USB bus still powered when the unit is off?

Hello,

I know that this is a tabu subject, but please add full web browsing in the future firmwares. Samsung already launched led tvs with media player embedded, with full browser included.

thank you.

1 Like

- Support for “DIVX Ultra” Menu

- Support for USB Wireless TP-Link TL-WN821N V. 3.1

- Remote Control to use with Computer Browser to use with Iphone, Computer and others

- Possibility to use external USB DVD or Blu-Ray Players

rockrider99 wrote:

Audio Lipsync option while playing, similar to +/- xxx ms increments available for subtiltles synchronisation

+1

Fix the shuffle issue for music from networked media servers that has been broken for every build after 1.03.49

Amazon Video On Demand!

Display movie info via web link (in folder with vid or music) to iMDb
Better playback navagation to jump to any point in the movie (a slider bar on the bottom of screen)
Hulu Support
Ability to customize or hide certain folders from view
Shutoff reminder for firmware update
Remembering where it was before power re-cycle
Playlist for music and videos

:neutral_face:

1 Like

I would like to request for support of WDTV Dlink DWA-121 pico adapter for my WDTV live. Can I kindly request to devs that please include drivers for DWA-121 pico adaptor : chipset (Realtek RTL8192CU)

Regards,

Tipu

AFG_Brazil wrote:

• Possibility to use external USB DVD or Blu-Ray Players

Um…

None of the WDTV players are licenced to do CSS, CPRM, AES, AACS… decryption (or any of the other content protection schemes).  That’s why you have to decrypt a DVD or BluRay before the WDTV will be able to play the .iso or the VIDEO_TS structure.  It just won’t play protected content.

Even if you could hook up a USB optical drive, you would not be able to play ANY commercial retail discs.

And with the prices of hard drives vs. blank discs, and the time involved, it doesn’t seem to make sense to back up your optical discs to optical media, when you generally have to first put it on to a hard drive anyways before physically burning.  Seems quicker and cheaper to just decrypt to HD and then skip the burning step – plus you then don’t have to go out and buy a USB optical drive that will only work for homebrew discs.

It also doesn’t work if you just share the optical drive on your PC.  Sure, you can browse to the disc, but unless you happen to have a retail disc that has no protection, the WDTV will just simply refuse to play the disc on the shared drive.

I guess I’m just not seeing how tying up one USB port with a paperweight that can’t be used to play discs (especially since there’s only 2 ports and  USB hubs aren’t supported for attaching additional drives) would be helpful or necessary.  Perhaps I’m missing something.