When will WD fix the networking problem?

Edited for content regarding the reply

The wireless issue is still a mystery to me. I could see no share and no media server. The shares use samba and as Tony brought up the Media servers use a different protocol - SSDP or simple service discovery protocol.

I do not  understand how the wireless adapter could connect to XP and have issues with Windows 7 shares and media servers however I can pin this directly on the .49 firmware as I was running the .43 software with no problems.

The added mystery is that after rolling back to the .43 and then to the .21 firmaware the issue persists.

I have done both soft and hard resets.

It SEEMS as though there are some “leftovers” after an update and a rollback…

Or there are some other MAJOR issues yet to be addressed.

Edit:

Regarding the issue of being able to see folders and not seeing the files I have seen this also but am not sure if it is related to the wireless issue because I have also seen this on a wired connection. It has taken a bit of time to see files in folders under certain circumstances such as when a device with a large capacity is connected to the usb port or is on the network but I have been able (with the wired connection) to find files in folders after waiting a while.

I am currently having some issues with the Playon server and the wired connection but the TVersity server seems to be always available and I am not quite sure  what to point at yet.

Misc:

The WDTV Live recognizes a 120 GB USB HDD and will cat the files but it takes a long time and slows device response.