WDTV Live Limited Public Beta Firmware Version 1.03.43_V (10/19/10)

hello,

this firmware is still not working properly … I need to disconnect the power cord for the WD Live back to function normally (HDMI hanshake problem).

please help…

I have a solution … rollback to version 1.21, but some movies I can not see

» SAMSUNG LE40B651

sorry for my english I’am PT-PT lol

Is this going to fix MKV issues with playing and sound?

kpapamar wrote:

Is this going to fix MKV issues with playing and sound?

If you mean the ‘header compression’ problem then yes I believe it does.

I have WDTV Live connected to ONKYO 705 receiver and it still has HDMI issue where HDMI setting switches either to 720P or to PAL Component. Also the unit started to hang after turing ONKYO off and then on the next day would hang the unit. Requiers cold re-boot.

The past firmware always made my video setting chanfe auto to 720p HDMI or flat out change to composite. Now this doesn’t happen it stays at 1080p Running through my Yamaha 7.1 receiver and Panasonic Plasma TV at 1080p. All my issue are resolved with this beta.

Has anyone else found the User interface transition effect fade out/in effect no longer works. Changing the setting on or off has not effect. I love the fade out/in effect and I really hope they fix it.

the video attitude adjusts itself again and again from alone.

From 1080p 60Hz   …to  Pal Component…

Every time the equipment with the remote maintenance is switched on out and again. (by Babelfish)

hi,

same problem like in the previous firmwares. when i switch my tv (wd-live-box is off and via hdmi connected) on he switches to the hdmi port, showes a black screen for a few seconds and switches back to the tv channel. so i went back to the lastest stable one 2.21 or something like that.

is there anybody who can confirm that?

thx

horst

Can I just get HDMI bitstreaming of DD/DTS?  Is it really that hard?  Nevermind SRT subs being off center, I just want bitstreaming!!

Ever since the first beta, both have been broken, AFAIK.  I’m sorry, your firmware support is abysmal, as it has been ever since the first WDTV.  Yes, that’s right, some of us remember.

Now you’ve come out with the WDTV Live Hub and as interesting as it looks, you’ll have to do better by some of us before we’re convinced into buying that one.

You know, if you could just stabilise the firmware - the crashing (when browsing), the sound problems (could I get AAC multichannel downsampling?), and generally implement standards - I’d be happy!

Nevermind the small remote and general poor asthetics!  I’d be happy!!!

/rant

PS.  BTW… what chipset are you guys using for the Live hub box?? :smileyvery-happy:

Can I just get HDMI bitstreaming of DD/DTS?  Is it really that hard?  

You mean, you can’t?   I haven’t ever had an issue with that on ANY of the firmwares. 

ricardorb6 wrote:

I think many people is having trouble with there TVs because maybe they are using an old HDMI version cable, I recommend using the latest HDMI cable version like 1.3b or 1.4 version so that way they can discard many of the problems with the HDMI handshake and others issues.

What? Surely a cable is a cable - got any links to material on why this would make a difference?

How can I change the resolution from 720 to 1080? I see no settings option.

I can’t change the bits setting either, I only have 8 bits.

With this firmware my Philips 42 inch lcd   tv (which is full hd) connnects to the HD live on 720.

Installing the updated firmware seemed to produce about the same results as I saw elsewhere, Netflix still  tells me that my “Instant Queue is Temporarily unavailable”. The last time I used it was last Friday (10-22-10) and it worked without any problem.

WD box is connected to a Sony Bravia with an HDMI cable that has given me no problems since the initial installation a month or so ago.

UTube and several of the others I checked seem to work OK.  I also tried switching out the HDMI with the composite supplied by WD but still had the same problem.

Joe_Bob

Pretty sure this firmware just bricked my device. 

I installed just as I always have, but this time now the screen saver displays  invalid format and I cannot get it off this screen in order to roll back. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

EDIT

***Was able to fix after reading replies in another section.***  Still one problem though. My Tv has always  supported the 12 bit HDMI but with the new firmware it will only display the 8 bit. Hope this can be fixed without the need of a new TV. My current Tv model is LG 47LB5DF 

In case many of you people doesn’t know, 12 BIT DEEP COLOR IS ONLY AVAILABLE ON TVs WITH HDMI VER. 1.3 OR LATER.

You should check your tv user’s manual to be sure it support that.

Thats not the problem. My Tv has supported the 12 bit until the recent firmware update.

DVD ISO related issues

Issue : dvd navigation stops working. Fast forward, rewind, pause, chapter selection does not work anymore.
Steps to reproduce : start playing a dvd iso. Press Pause, then Stop. Now press Play and choose to Resume the playback. It resumes but all the navigation features are gone.
Workaround : restart the unit.

Issue : screensaver does not start while pausing a dvd iso.
Steps to reproduce : start playing a dvd iso. Press Pause.
Workaround : none. I have a plasma screen so I have to use stop instead of pause. Note: screensaver DOES start for other file types (mkv, avi, etc.).

Issue : audio language is not displayed while playing dvd iso
Steps to reproduce : start playing a dvd iso. Press Options. Change audio. The type is displayed (e.g. AC3) but the language not.
Workaround : none. Listen to the language and change if that’s not what you want.

I have not had these issues with the latest stable firmware.

Today I could try the Beta Firmware Version 1.03.43_V (10/19/10), but unfortunately HDMI doesn’t work with my Acer LCD TV AT3220.

The funny thing is, that the new LiveHub works perfect with HDMI and my TV.

I hope that the final firmware for the WD TV Live will fix this problem.

tmcleavor wrote:

Thats not the problem. My Tv has supported the 12 bit until the recent firmware update.

I can’t find anything in the manual that says that it support 12-bit color…

Doesn’t mean that it DOESN’T, but not in the specifications…

ricardorb6 wrote:

In case many of you people doesn’t know, 12 BIT DEEP COLOR IS ONLY AVAILABLE ON TVs WITH HDMI VER. 1.3 OR LATER.

You should check your tv user’s manual to be sure it support that.

That’s correct, but just because you have HDMI Ver 1.3 doesn’t mean your TV supports 12-bit color.

From the HDMI.ORG website:  

" … If you want the new video features called Deep Color, look for Deep Color in the feature set rather than HDMI 1.3, the version of the specification that enabled Deep Color. Why? Because the version of the specification that enables Deep Color (1.3) does not mandate that Deep Color functionality be implemented."

In other words, to support Deep Color you MUST have HDMI 1.3.   If you do have HDMI 1.3, Deep Color is still OPTIONAL.

1 Like