WDTV Live Hulu skips and becomes unresponcive

Hello,

My device is the WDBHG70000NBK-HESN model with 01.06.04 FW and so for I am very dissapointed. I mainly use the Hulu Plus service and quite frequently while watching a show the video will start skipping and the sound will go off. When it is in this state you cannot pause, play, stop, etc and must power off the device from the remote, or by unplugging it. If you just power it off from the remote, usually when you try and play the video again (or a different video) it is still in the “skipping” state. The only way to fix this seems to be unplugging the device, plug it back in and hope it doesn’t happen again. Is anyone else seeing this behavior? Thank you, Mr. Palmer

Have you tried resetting the player to factory defaults via the internal menu. This sometimes helps if you are having a problem.

By the way you have a NEW Live Streaming player and should post any further problems on the forum link below. You may find that this topic will be moved there by a mod.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Media/ct-p/wdtvlive_streaming

Thank you. I will try that, and I wasn’t sure the difference (which was newer) between WDTV live and WDTV live streaming media player… Thank you, Mr. Palmer

I noticed skipping as well with Hulu Plus when the app was first released. After contacting Hulu about it, they recommended lowering the resolution when it skips (Switch from 3 Mb to 1Mb or so on). I do that, and the skipping has ceased. You can do it on the options menu in the Hulu Plus app.

Can you be more specific? I don’t see anything for options in the Hulu app. If you hit options on the remote while in the main menu of the app, nothing happens. If you hit options while playing a selection, it just gives you a picture in picture (PIP) of your video in the upper right hand corner and displays the main menu. I know you can go to the Hulu website and make changes but that’s it.

My WD Live Plus started freezing and whatnot so I ended up using an extended warranty on it. I just received a new model WD TV Live…and oddly enough, the skipping is gone in Hulu Plus. Previously, I had to use the arrow keys in Hulu Plus to select HD next to the options button on the screen in the bottom left and lower the bandwidth. With the new model…it plays fine at higher bandwidth levels. Maybe there is an issue with hardware limitations with high definition Hulu Plus streams?