WD TV Live HD Release 1.06.15 (8/9/2011) BUGGED FIRMWARE - 5 months have passed, how many more?

The last firmware for WD TV Live HD Release was 1.06.15 (8/9/2011) bugged as **bleep**, unusable. 5 months have passed, how many more do we have to wait for a fixed and stable firmware? I really dont care about new features. The only thing I do with this device is play 1080p MKV, and it has problems with remembering correct display settings (and framerate) and framerate matching has hiccups on some 24fps movies. Please WD PLEASE release the **bleep** fixed firmare for gods sake!

If you don’t need the new features, have you tried doing a roll back to and older firmware?

of course. i am on 1.05.04 as every newer firmware breaks something. thats the best firmware I tested but it has problems with 24fps movies

What kind of problems?  It works fine here.

Cocovanna

stuttering at 24fps 1080p resolution. i tested the same movies on other devices and they work fine at 24fps on same lcd.

Be careful what you wish for.  WD have one attempt at getting it right, I don’t think they’ll be another after this and any problems left you’re stuck with.  Although, yes, it’s a long wait I don’t want that half-hearted attempt that has characterised their previous efforts.  All basic functions (and by that I mean audio functions too) must work after this.

chris110761 wrote:

Be careful what you wish for.  WD have one attempt at getting it right, I don’t think they’ll be another after this and any problems left you’re stuck with.  Although, yes, it’s a long wait I don’t want that half-hearted attempt that has characterised their previous efforts.  All basic functions (and by that I mean audio functions too) must work after this.

• *i know, but I ask for fixes in existing and basic features. i could not care less for all the added features they added, specially, games and online features.

Did you already try a ‘community version’ like WDLXTV?

I had been waiting too long and got annoyed by the ‘new firmware…’ update reminder (which kept getting confirmed all to often by my little ones)

Installed it after another accidental upgrade by my little ones and I AM loving it ! :wink:

Wouldn’t recommend it to a novice though: too many features, settings and endless possibilities to brigg or fry your device :stuck_out_tongue: