WD TV Live Firmware 1.0.1.24

My WD TV Live has found and now updating to this firmware version. No mention of it anywhere that I can find. Anybody have any insight into what this updates?

Ok, I’m updated, and not bricked - so, from my brief interation with it so far, I can sadly report that there is still no support for chapters on DVDs.

However, YouTube is far better on it.

It doesn’t constantly ask if you want to save your account settings

It goes directly to your favourites, rather than uploaded videos to your account.

They display as a list on the right with small thumbnails and a large thumnail to the left, rather than the side scrolling laggy thumbnails. The list generates quickly and scrolls smoothly.

In the search option on youtube, the “keyboard” is smaller and to the left and on the right is has your search history (which saves a lot of pain retyping search queries)

Anyway, there may be more things relating to those pesky mp4 files and such, but for now, I’m just gonna watch some flicks and wait for the full update list.

Good work WD.

Mine is updating as I type. Let’s hope!

seems to be all about youtube, from the release note:

• Redesigned YouTube™ user interface to comply with YouTube requirements.
• Resolved search results in YouTube to be in the same order provided by YouTube.
• Added Flag Video feature to YouTube.
• Added seeking controls (fast forward/rewind) in the YouTube player in 10 second increments.
• Updated to the new YouTube Video logo throughout the application.
• Modified YouTube video timestamp format to make it more readable.
• Implemented add to playlist feature in YouTube.
• Added Save search queries to save users time in re-entering search terms in YouTube.

alas, still no shuffle for video playback as in mp3

I think the Mp4 issue has been fixed with this firmware update. Not sure if was taken care of a previous update.But I haven’t got any firmware updates after .17 version.

I need to verify the other mp4 videos I have.So far I have forwarded at x2, x4, x8, x16 speeds…also moved the video up by 10 or more minutes…

Looks good…will update again…

so far two mp4  videos…both are good…

I concur with YouTube comment but not mp4 comment.

My unit upgraded Ok over internet.

Video/Audio synch still an issue.

Checked with full BR rip on local HD as MKV container. Seems OK

Checked MP4 rip of same file converted to MKV on Network Share, still give lip synch issues. Stereo setting better than digital.

Thumbnails on network shares still display both jpg and movie files separately 

Wolfmanii…

I checked all of the mp4 videos i have. All of them are on the connected hard drive and not on the network. So far, all of them are good.

Was the mp4 issue only for the videos on the network ? I don’t think so. Also, i haven’t done any conversions you mentioned.

I still have to try videos on the network to test the network drop out issues…

more later…

Please check, I look forward to reading what you have found. In the previous firmware, I found that BR conversions were much worse than DVD conversions. Not sure why? At lease we are seeing some release that does appear to start to fix some of the issues. KEEP EM ROLLING WD!

hip hip hurray… another firmware update. only if they allow for  my youtube subscriptions to show up then it will be the best youtube interface ever.

Still this new one is far better then the old creepy youtube interface they had.

Thank you  WD.

Guess still no option to create or rename folders/files…cmon WD get the finger out and get the basic stuff sorted

MP4 audio sync issue after FF/RWD has been fixed for me!

Liking the sound of all the YouTube updates, will update next time I turn on the media player.

My “Access to YouTube Channels/Subscriptions/alter position of videos” idea has been acknowledged, the fast forward /rewind suggestion in that idea has been implemented it seems via an idea soley about that. ( http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Ideas/YouTube-FF-amp-Rev/idi-p/790)

Please give kudos for my idea to have access to channels/subscriptions at 

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Ideas/Access-to-YouTube-Channels-Subscriptions-alter-position-of/idi-p/222

Thanks

http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/WD-TV-Live-version-1-01-24-Firmware-Update/td-p/9599

Colbertnotion:

Buy something else. Why do you even own this product? I doubt they’ll ever implement Netflix

I, for one, am ESCTATIC they finally fixed Youtube, especially the login reboot issue.  Youtube now actually works like it should have from day one.

I will give WD the benefit of the doubt (for the umpteenth time), perhaps next update will actually fix critical video playback issues.

GUI does seem a bit snappier than 1.0.1.17 in thumbnail view.  Hard to say whether it’s placebo affect or not, espcially when they don’t mention any such updates in their changelog

I’m glad they are releasing new firmware every 3-4 weeks.  Of course netflix would be great but that is a company to company issue.  I’m sure as Xbox/PS3 had to do was sign some contract, who knows.  I would like to have the track FF/RW button not skip to the next video in the folder but actually skip chapters or an option in the system to have this be possible in video.  I conver all my DVDs to mkv with chapter info and its anoying going to options. 

What about hulu, cbs, etc?  PlayOn works with this and is fine for netflix, hulu et al

Can anyone help me to confirm that if the problem of subtitle position (too high) is solved?

Has anyone had any luck with thumbnails in this firmware upgrade?  I still see the .jpgs along with my video files under Video over a network share.

barbino wrote:

seems to be all about youtube, from the release note:

• Redesigned YouTube™ user interface to comply with YouTube requirements.
• Resolved search results in YouTube to be in the same order provided by YouTube.
• Added Flag Video feature to YouTube.
• Added seeking controls (fast forward/rewind) in the YouTube player in 10 second increments.
• Updated to the new YouTube Video logo throughout the application.
• Modified YouTube video timestamp format to make it more readable.
• Implemented add to playlist feature in YouTube.
• Added Save search queries to save users time in re-entering search terms in YouTube.

alas, still no shuffle for video playback as in mp3

No mention of USB mods, my WD now correctly recognises my flash drive as a 'Store ‘n Go’  and no longer as a camera.

this problem with mp4’s still happens to me and I hope WD team are aware about and the fact that these two videos work on PC and WDTV HERE

EDIT: this happens since wdtvlive and still happens in this firmware

2 YouTube bugs that haven’t been fixed. Please kudos:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Ideas/Fix-YouTube-pause-video-bug-and-video-picture-cut-off-bug/idi-p/9741

Channels/Subscriptions idea:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Ideas/Access-to-YouTube-Channels-Subscriptions-alter-position-of/idi-p/222