WD Live keeps on resetting video settings

This should be resolved in the next release.

1 Like

Toretto wrote:

I am so happy to hear that WD is looking into this issue! If the next firmware release will remember the video settings when the box is powered off and on again, this will eliminate a lot of problems that are posted in this forum.

I can’t thank WD enough for trying to resolve this problem!!!  :smileyvery-happy:  

1 Like

Fiiiiiiiiiiinally.

I can’t wait to test the new version. It’s painful having to setup the video settings everytime I power on the device or I switch inputs in my Sony TV.

It’s a right royal pain! To begin with, I thought it was an issue with my TV

Thank god!!! I was starting to really be anoyed by this and was going to buy another media player… A little response akcnowledging the issue earlier would have been great! Any word on when the new firmware will be out?

XxOsurfer3xX wrote:> Any word on when the new firmware will be out?

No. WD, like most other companies, does not release information about when or if it will release new firmware. However, because of a few comments made by WD staff that ‘that issue will be fixed in the next firmware’, I think it is safe to assume that there will be a new firmware release.

Looking at the past firmware releases, it looks like WD releases new firmware about every month or two. It has been about two months since the last release, so I am guessing that new firmware will be released soon.

I am extremely happy that Toretto posted that this issue will be fixed in the next release. I have had this problem for over 9 months now and I can’t wait to try out the fix!

Toretto wrote:

It is not fixed in 1.06.15_V for the WD TV Live … :frowning:

No, its not fixed for me either…:cry: What the **bleep** happened? I’m running the new firmware too and its not fixed…

Sorry – I must confirm: The issue is not solved yet.

But seems to depend on the periphery:

Connected to ONKYO AV-Receiver TX-SR607 via HDMI works fine so long and remembers to the 1080p, 60Hz 

Connected to Samsung AV-Receiver HW-C500 via HDMI, the WDTV  forgets video settings sporadically and resets to composit / 720p

Next I want to test what happens if I connect WDTV directly to Sony TV KDL-40EX500 and use the TVs optical output with the Samsung Receiver.

If all movies and their sounds work correct, I assume that the problem is the Samsung receiver’s HDMI input…

I connected the WD TV live directly with my Philips 40PFL5605K via HDMI and the device resets the video settings after a cold boot. Interesting that it works with the ONKYO Receiver.

Sorry – another bad news:

Connected  WDTV directly to Sony TV KDL-40EX500 also resets to 720p/composite when I set to 1080p/60Hz

Now testing whats happening, when I let WDTV video settings on HDMI-auto… 

First time switching on after some hours, WDTV remembered  and the Sony TV showed 1080p.

Let’s see, how long this works.

I hope, it’s not a real hardware damage, but that could be possible, because the other WDTV connected to my Onkyo receiver still works fine…

Toretto wrote:

Unfortunately, the problem is still there.

This firmware release , like all of the previous releases, acts a little differently than it did before, but it still doesn’t remember the video settings. For me, this release seems to remember the video output resolution (1080i, 60Hz), however, it almost always sets the color space to YCbCr instead of RGB Low. Every time I turn the WD box on, the screen comes up all pink. I go into the setup and change it to RGB Low, but the next time I turn the box off and on again it goes back to YCbCr.

I posted this before, but the comments still apply to this firmware: What is really troubling to me is the fact that according to the release notes, there have been no changes that relate to the HDMI problems, however, it always acts a little bit differently with every firmware release! It almost seems like the things that we are seeing are happening by accident, without WD knowing or realizing that the new firmwares are changing this behavior.

I really wish that WD would implement a change that allows the box to remember the video settings that we set! It would eliminate many many problems that are posted here.

We need a solution for this problem ASAP I have had to reset the settings way too many times, I really dont care for facebook or games I wish they just resolved this issue, for me is a deal breaker…

I am out on this one too. I have had the WDTV reset on me 3 or 4 times just trying to play a single mkv file. Back to 1.02.21 ASAP.

VP

I don’t really understand all of the technical HDMI background, but I can understand, that there are some problems (HDMI handshake and some things like that)

At the moment my combination keeps working since a week:

WDTVLive connected directly to Sony Bravia and Videosettings to HDMI Auto. 

After power off and power on my WDTV remembers the settings (for the moment :smiley: )

I will go on watching and write down my experiences here.

For me it looks like very strange proplems with some HDMI periphery.

WDTV with my ONKYO receiver works fine

WDTV with my Samsung Receiver doesn’t remember settings

WDTV with my Sony TV and settings to HDMI 1080p/60Hz  doesn’t remember settings 

WDTV with my Sony TV and settings to HDMI Auto works fine (one week so far)

Well, I gave up  on the WD. Im really disapointed with WD I wont be buying anything soon.

Using the latest firmware I’m still having this problem…

My setup…

WDTV live - HDMI - Sony BDVe380 - Sony Bravia TV.

When I switch on the box, it forgets my video settings… so frustrating.

G

1 Like

any update on this???

the product is faulty and keeps forgetting my video settings… please can someone fix this!!

1 Like

Alls well with latest firmware

guys, srsly? I have three WDTV right now, one of the new ones… And guess what: Not only do the older ones, even the new WDTV keeps changing the video settings! This is fricking ridiculous.

Could anyone at WD give a clear statement on that issue?