Regular Advisor
Nehptis

Request Official WD Response

Now that the new WDTV Live "3" has been announced, owners of the WDTV Live and WD TV Live Plus want to know the fate of our devices.  Will there be any further firmware updates?

Frequent Advisor
Nathan7545

Re: Request Official WD Response

There was new firmware for the hub. If we don't see anything available in the next couple of days, we can assume our platform is dead.

it would be sad as the live/live+ still have useful life out of it.

My wife uses spofity quite heavily, and integration with our live+ device would be fantastic.

Time will tell

Regular Advisor
Anton

Sad, but looks like they decide even do not fix bugs with auto frame rate and drive detect introduced in 1.06.15 firmware.

Story repeate like in case of wdtv gen 2 :smileysad: 

Regular Advisor
mu51c10rd

I would hope they would release one last firmware update to get their legacy products as stable as possible. These things will sell on the secondary market for a long time. If not, that is a bit disappointing to leave older customers in the cold to gain newer ones. Hopefully they realize older customers can become repeat customers if they see the value in the product.

On a side note, what is Nesvic doing in the Plus forum? Changing every single status to New?

Honored Contributor
TonyPh12345

mu51c10rd wrote:

On a side note, what is Nesvic doing in the Plus forum? Changing every single status to New?

This is only a guess:

They're re-structuring the IDEAS LAB, and starting fresh, but not deleting all the posts.   My guess would imply that the status won't remain "New" for long.

We'll see...  

===Live SMP / Live Hub x2 / Live+ / Live x2 / 24 TBytes of QNAP + WD NAS ===
Advisor
mcpinto

This is the end, my firiends...

Long live to brad and others who suports  this project...until when?

Occasional Advisor
E_Demerzel

There will be at least 1 more firmware release according to WD.  If there aren't anymore after that Bill_S will let us know.  Don't worry so much about it yet.

Community Manager
Bill_S

As I understand it, there will be at least one more firmware update for the Live and Live Plus.  After that, I don't know.   However, if it we stop supporting either one of those, I will surely let you know. 

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Community Manager
Bill_S

Oh, and concerning the Ideas Exchanges, we are doing some restructuring for internal purposes.  We were using blank statuses on the newly posted ideas, and that made them unsearchable.  Adding the New was to only make the blank ideas status searchable. 

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Regular Advisor
tjkaz

Bill_S wrote:

As I understand it, there will be at least one more firmware update for the Live and Live Plus.  After that, I don't know.   However, if it we stop supporting either one of those, I will surely let you know. 

This may be a dumb question/comment, but WD did continue to release FW updates for the Live even after the Plus came out.  Why would the latest Live product release result in anything different?

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD