Request Official WD Response

Bill?  WD?  Anyone?  hello…echo…echo…echo.

I guess we can close the book on this streamer.  That last firmware update is a myth I guess.

Or not.

As far as I know, it’s still for real.  I’ll check into it to see if there’s any updates on time.

1 Like

Hey Bill, is there an update on the time it’s going to take you to find out the update timeframe on the (mythical) wd tv live firmware? LOL 

I’m still looking into this.  I’ll post any news as soon as I can.

1 Like

I know it’s Monday, but I still haven’t heard anything that I can post.  I do know they’re still working on it, though. 

1 Like

do you know what problems they’re having? Any idea what they’re working on? Is there more than one person working on this firmware? Just curious… I know u probably won’t answer any of these questions, but it’s always good to hear that you haven’t abanded us even if u don’t have any answers.

I have lost almost all faith in western digital with their mediocre support of the wdtv live. The fact that their firmwares are so full of bugs has really turned me off from purchasing any more of your products. And the extreme lack of updates is plain killing me. Bill I hope your team knows how many frustrated customers you have made by selling a product with such poor support.

Bill , us wd tv live owners feel as if WD has abandoned support for this unit altogether since there hasn’t been any word on when this (mythical firmware) will be released and i see them release new firmware for live smp and hub. It would be nice to hear the truth instead of being strung along…

The truth is that we are waiting on something that we can’t move forward with the releases until we have.  That’s all I can say.  But we have invested the time in preparing for this release.  So, it’s going to happen.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update Bill.

1 Like

You are welcome. 

Thanks Bill, nice to know your on top of things (no Joke intended) lol. I don’t know how much you can say , but i would like to know if the firmware has been tested and is a go …pending this particular app you’re waiting on? might it be a podcast app?

videoninja wrote:

Thanks Bill, nice to know your on top of things (no Joke intended) lol. I don’t know how much you can say , but i would like to know if the firmware has been tested and is a go …pending this particular app you’re waiting on? might it be a podcast app?

From what I understand, it is just waiting on something being cleared and it’s ready to go.  Whether what we’re waiting on still needs testing, that I don’t know.  I don’t think so.  But from what I understand everything else is ready to go. 

Podcast app?  I don’t know, but I doubt it.

Thanks for the update Bill.  Here’s hoping for a speedy release and one that is finally bug free!

Bill_S wrote:

From what I understand, it is just waiting on something being cleared and it’s ready to go.  Whether what we’re waiting on still needs testing, that I don’t know.  I don’t think so.  But from what I understand everything else is ready to go. 

Bill,

Why does it take so long to roll out a firmware for this unit while the ‘1TB HUB’ and ‘Live Streaming’ already had 4 updates in the span of just a few short months after its released???

wongnog wrote:

… and one that is finally bug free!

LOL…you’re too funny

Although I too have my fingers crossed for a “final” release I can actually upgrade to.

80sGuy wrote:

Bill_S wrote:

Bill,

Why does it take so long to roll out a firmware for this unit while the ‘1TB HUB’ and ‘Live Streaming’ already had 4 updates in the span of just a few short months after its released???

I think my quote actually answers that question.  Other than that, I have no idea.   Sorry…

Thanks Bill_S for the answer.

I think every customer on this forum is really dissapointed for the long wait of the firmware, specially for having one buggy release after another. But Im sure that that feeling will go away once the firmware is released (assuming its almost bug free and almost all the reports were fixed, specially the ugly ones).

I really really hope WD learn from its customers from now on and instead of placing new apps/features trying to attract new customers (which will soon fing out numerous bugs on the device and spreading everywere the crappy experience they had with it), WD will listen everyone on this forum and try to fix everything as fast as possible ONLY to mantain an existing customer Happy. Word of mouth is really important and a happy customer will convince everyone on buying the same item. It always been like this, will always be like this. Thanks for your attention again, and we are really waiting for this firmware.

Please hurry up and and most important dont dissapoint us.

matcarfer wrote:

Thanks Bill_S for the answer.

But Im sure that that feeling will go away once the firmware is released (assuming its almost bug free and almost all the reports were fixed, specially the ugly ones).

My feelings entirely.  The wait will quickly be forgotten if the FW is good.  But I do think there’s a lesson for WD in here.  I know commercial pressures are to gain new customers and this is, maybe, the reason why this update has taken so long.  But I wonder if this policy does not produce brand loyalty, and that it therefore ends up doing more harm than good to WD.