Request Official WD Response

Well I’m not really mad about the quality of the product, I mean yes it was alittle touch and go with the netflix (app?) for awhile  and the youtube searches could at least for the love of god filter out the non-watchable due to being a media device. But I understand that’s not really WD’s fault (being as those like SDK’s or whatever are provided by their respective companies and in a lot of situations WD’s hands are tied, and with things like paying royalty’s on codecs and the like, in some situations yes WD had kinda bent over backwards for us. I use the device every day, love the pandora, and it’s nice to watch some youtube vids on my big tv than on alittle laptop or whatever. I FREAKING dig the optical out, I’ll never go back to anything else but optical, whoever invented optical audio should seriously get a pat on the back.

I’m just soooo hurt, cuz like I did some research back probably say halloween of 2010, I saw what the Roku was doing, I saw the google tv, the apple tv had been on the market for a short time i think but they were still working out a few bugs here and there. But I was like, okay so it doesn’t have amazon video on demand (which i like when it’s got something netflix doesn’t)  but I thought to myself, with these firmware updates **bleep** it’ll probably be a couple weeks and walah i’ll wake up one day update my device, and there will be the vudu, and the amazon and the hulu [Deleted] and all the other things everyone else has. Here I am over a year later and I’ve seen firmware updates that fix language support, add keyboard support, fix subtitle thingy majigs… but I mean come on, where are the features!

I love my little WD plus box, use the **bleep** out of it, i’d recomment it to anyone who wants a great device, codec and hd support and the like.

But adding a games section with those retarded games? [Deleted], I’d like to think WD thinks alittle higher of their customer base than trying to placate us with ■■■■ like that. It’s kinda like saying, sorry we aren’t gonna add a really cool feature like watching amazon videos, so here play these [Deleted] games and watch 30 second webcasts by people that absolutely no one gives a flaming ■■■■ about.

I might as well just hook windows media center up to my tv and watch old reruns of star trek enterprise…

It just blows my mind they didn’t bring forth more with their updates…