Release a new prerelease!

Come on guys, get your skates on and do some programming out there :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’m also ready and itching to try a new one. :slight_smile: Got around the show-stopping MKV network share issue in 1.02.14 by playing with TVersity and using a media server instead, so I’m still running it and looking for quirks / bugs but it’s not an ideal setup (TVersity has its own little quirks). So yeah, share the goodies if you’ve ironed out any bugs from 1.02.14 !

Better hurry up ! because my patience as limits, and popbox is coming out in march and it have lots of goodies and it reads mkv and mp4’s with no problems !! So  go to your computers WD people and make us proud to be an ownwer of WDTV LIVE…:wink:

2 Likes

piko72 wrote:

Better hurry up ! because my patience as limits, and popbox is coming out in march and it have lots of goodies and it reads mkv and mp4’s with no problems !! So  go to your computers WD people and make us proud to be an ownwer of WDTV LIVE…:wink:

How do you know that popbox plays without problems. As you so rightly point out its not yet available. The reviews for the WDTV never mentioned problems with mkv or mp4’s.

I think one of the benefits of the Popbox is the embedded advertising window that is there  in the selections interface. From what I read on Engadget the content providers like CBS, ABC, CNN, HULU , YouTube etc will allow the more modern players with this feature access, this, and their deal with netflix,  will beat the heck out of the current generation where you have to leave a PC on  and stream.  Right now I have to go turn on my PC to watch Netflix or HULU through the WD. I hope WD in the next generation offers a box with this option.

Ted_S wrote:

I think one of the benefits of the Popbox is the embedded advertising window that is there  in the selections interface. From what I read on Engadget the content providers like CBS, ABC, CNN, HULU , YouTube etc will allow the more modern players with this feature access, this, and their deal with netflix,  will beat the heck out of the current generation where you have to leave a PC on  and stream.  Right now I have to go turn on my PC to watch Netflix or HULU through the WD. I hope WD in the next generation offers a box with this option.

Youtube is not on the popbox and Netflix is in review for the current WDTV Live.

1 Like

Its so depressing the one guy they have working on this program (and he only works on the first monday every month between 9-10) takes so long. The next release is going to be pretty irrelevant to me, and it appears to be at least a month away - and then its another 3-4 months before the next.
If WD was at least like Blizzard where the wait is worth it. Oh well.

Given the jump in firmware version numbers there must be several in-house versions each of which require alpha testing. sadly we never hear about these.

kosh2 wrote:

Given the jump in firmware version numbers there must be several in-house versions each of which require alpha testing. sadly we never hear about these.

• *> True,the should show them to us.