New Release - Firmware Version 1.06.16_B for WD TV Live Plus (8/2/11)

@ Bill_S

While you have been patient with a lot of us.  I find it in bad taste to tell the customer they are wrong when they claim WD dropped the ball.  This is just icing on the “poor customer service” cake.  If I the paying customer feel the ball has been dropped by WD, I hate to tell you, but it should count for more than just a [edited] comment/dismissal as youve just done.

When someone says that you “dropped the ball” on something, that means that you failed to accomplish what you could have done.  All I was saying is that we didn’t fail to do anything we could have done.  That doesn’t excuse us for the issues that still need to be fixed.  It’s just me saying that we didn’t miss anything that we could have fixed in the latest firmware.  

Now, I do understand how frustrated you are, and personally I’m okay with you venting your frustrations - as long as you keep it within the usage guidelines.  However, you do need to keep in mind that this is a user to user community.  WD is only here to the degree that we, moderators, are here.  And, yes, we do work for WD.  And though you don’t see us posting a lot, we do help a lot of users.  And, yes, there are other staff members that do post here from time to time just to help out - though they’re not required to.  But, unless you want me to take you off line and escalate your complaint, which I’d be more than willing to do, you will not find much engagement with WD here.  So, that is why other users are encouraging you the way they are. 

If you’d like any further help, don’t hesitate to private message me.   I’d be more than willing to talk to you more about this.

1 Like